    message "NTLDR is missing". What does this mean and how do I get rid of it?

    Thanks

    Ulvaeus
    Ulvaeus, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Ulvaeus

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Ulvaeus" <> wrote in news:cd6nkh$79q$:

    > When I boot up my eMachines PC running WindowsXP Professional I get
    > this message "NTLDR is missing". What does this mean and how do I get
    > rid of it?

    It means the file NTLDR which is required to start Windows is not there or
    corrupted.
    Jim Berwick, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Ulvaeus

    The Prophecy Guest

    Jim Berwick wrote:
    > "Ulvaeus" <> wrote in
    >
    >> When I boot up my eMachines PC running WindowsXP Professional I get
    >> this message "NTLDR is missing". What does this mean and how do I get
    >> rid of it?

    > It means the file NTLDR which is required to start Windows is not
    > there or corrupted.

    There is a way to replace the NTLDR. Put your Windows XP CD into the CD-ROM
    drive. when it asks you if you want to boot from the cd, say yes.When you
    are prompted with a few options, install windows etc. Hit R to go to the
    recovery console.When you are asked what Windows installation you want to
    log on to, type "1" without quotes. There should be no administrator
    password so just hit enter. If you did set one, type it in. You should then
    get a command prompt that looks like this:

    C:\Windows>

    Type in the following commands (seperated by commas) in the order seen here
    WITHOUT quotes!:

    "d:", "cd i386", "copy ntldr c:\"

    Now type in "Exit" again without quotes. you can now remove the Windows XP
    disk. That's it! Booting off of that Hard drive should now be sucsessful!
    The Prophecy, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Ulvaeus

    Ulvaeus Guest

    Thanks. Most helpful

    Ulvaeus, Jul 18, 2004
  5. Ulvaeus

    wr.kelly001

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    You can find answers from this website: windowsrecoverys.com
    wr.kelly001, Jun 24, 2010
  6. Ulvaeus

    wr.boer

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    I find a good site for you:windowsrecoverys.com
    wr.boer, Jun 24, 2010