  1. Just been told my BB has gone from 3mb to 10mb two days ago, I cant see any
    difference, anyone know where I can do a simple non techy test please

    tia
    Super Duper MMI, Jan 16, 2006

  2. Super Duper MMI

    BIG NIGE Guest

    download a file of a known size ( 10 - 50 mb) & time the download

    BIG NIGE, Jan 16, 2006

  3. Super Duper MMI

    John Holmes Guest

    Super Duper MMI blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Just been told my BB has gone from 3mb to 10mb two days ago, I cant
    > see any difference, anyone know where I can do a simple non techy test
    > please
    >
    > tia

    You fucking lazy son of a bitch.
    Results 1 - 10 of about 5,810,000 for test upload speed. (0.20 seconds)
    It's right there, on the first fucking link, you total idiot.

    --
    Your mother was a politically correct cleaner who was so ugly she had to be
    kept in prison.
    John Holmes, Jan 16, 2006
  4. Super Duper MMI

    old jon Guest

    "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > Super Duper MMI blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Just been told my BB has gone from 3mb to 10mb two days ago, I cant
    >> see any difference, anyone know where I can do a simple non techy test
    >> please
    >>
    >> tia
    >>

    > You fucking lazy son of a bitch.
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 5,810,000 for test upload speed. (0.20 seconds)
    > It's right there, on the first fucking link, you total idiot.

    Even your mother knows he can`t get 10mb Upload speed John <G>.

    old jon, Jan 16, 2006
  5. Super Duper MMI

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-01-16, Super Duper MMI <> wrote:
    > Just been told my BB has gone from 3mb to 10mb two days ago, I cant see any
    > difference, anyone know where I can do a simple non techy test please
    >
    > tia

    The speed limit may have been raised from 20 to 50mph, but if the traffic
    is still heavy enough to reduce everyone to 5mph then the difference is
    academic.

    Try one or several of these, as often as you like:
    <http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=internet speed test&sou
    rceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8> or <http://shorterlink.com/?U0KU9U>.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jan 16, 2006
  6. Super Duper MMI

    John Holmes Guest

    old jon blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    >> Super Duper MMI blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> Just been told my BB has gone from 3mb to 10mb two days ago, I cant
    >>> see any difference, anyone know where I can do a simple non techy
    >>> test please
    >>>
    >>> tia
    >>>

    >> You fucking lazy son of a bitch.
    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 5,810,000 for test upload speed. (0.20
    >> seconds) It's right there, on the first fucking link, you total
    >> idiot.
    >>

    > Even your mother knows he can`t get 10mb Upload speed John <G>.

    My mother was a pitiable con artist who ended up in a mental hospital.

    --
    Your mother was a spittle-encrusted spammer who wasted no occasion to get
    drunk on a rusty cargo ship somewhere off South America.
    John Holmes, Jan 16, 2006
  7. Super Duper MMI

    Plato Guest

    Super Duper MMI wrote:

    > Just been told my BB has gone from 3mb to 10mb two days ago, I cant see any
    > difference, anyone know where I can do a simple non techy test please

    Any webpage may take 10 hops to get to you. Your max speed is the speed
    of the slowest computer down the line. Very often tho, its the speed of
    the overloaded server the el-cheapo webhost for the page you want to
    view is running. Bargain $3.95/month webhosting is often the reason.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 16, 2006
  8. Super Duper MMI

    > old jon blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    >> "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    >>> Super Duper MMI blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> You fucking lazy son of a bitch.
    >>> Results 1 - 10 of about 5,810,000 for test upload speed. (0.20
    >>> seconds) It's right there, on the first fucking link, you total
    >>> idiot.
    >>>

    >> Even your mother knows he can`t get 10mb Upload speed John <G>.

    > My mother was a pitiable con artist who ended up in a mental hospital.

    9.75 out of ten <g>. (`cos nobody is perfect)
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Jan 16, 2006

    Go **** yourself you nasty little man!
    Super Duper MMI, Jan 16, 2006
  10. Super Duper MMI

    **** off, you fucking mental shitstain.

    --
    Your mother was a dish-eared bum who used to go mad with a hacksaw in
    shopping centers.
    John Holmes, Jan 16, 2006
  11. On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:41:04 +0000, Whiskers wrote:

    > On 2006-01-16, Super Duper MMI <> wrote:
    >> Just been told my BB has gone from 3mb to 10mb two days ago, I cant see
    >> any difference, anyone know where I can do a simple non techy test
    >> please
    >>
    >> tia

    > The speed limit may have been raised from 20 to 50mph, but if the traffic
    > is still heavy enough to reduce everyone to 5mph then the difference is
    > academic.

    Anyway, NTL doesn't need faster broadband; NTL needs quicker users. :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 17, 2006
  12. Super Duper MMI

    Scraggy Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:41:04 +0000, Whiskers wrote:
    >
    >> On 2006-01-16, Super Duper MMI <> wrote:
    >>> Just been told my BB has gone from 3mb to 10mb two days ago, I cant
    >>> see any difference, anyone know where I can do a simple non techy
    >>> test please
    >>>
    >>> tia

    >> The speed limit may have been raised from 20 to 50mph, but if the
    >> traffic is still heavy enough to reduce everyone to 5mph then the
    >> difference is academic.

    > Anyway, NTL doesn't need faster broadband; NTL needs quicker users.
    > :)

    <Listens>
    <Fails to hear sound of Hell freezing over>
    <Shrugs>

    members. Groucho Marx
    Scraggy, Jan 17, 2006
  13. Super Duper MMI

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-01-17, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:41:04 +0000, Whiskers wrote:
    >
    >> On 2006-01-16, Super Duper MMI <> wrote:
    >>> Just been told my BB has gone from 3mb to 10mb two days ago, I cant see
    >>> any difference, anyone know where I can do a simple non techy test
    >>> please
    >>>
    >>> tia

    >> The speed limit may have been raised from 20 to 50mph, but if the traffic
    >> is still heavy enough to reduce everyone to 5mph then the difference is
    >> academic.

    > Anyway, NTL doesn't need faster broadband; NTL needs quicker users. :)

    That's debatable.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jan 17, 2006
  14. On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:05:53 +0000, Whiskers wrote:

    > On 2006-01-17, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >>> The speed limit may have been raised from 20 to 50mph, but if the
    >>> traffic is still heavy enough to reduce everyone to 5mph then the
    >>> difference is academic.

    >> Anyway, NTL doesn't need faster broadband; NTL needs quicker users. :)

    > That's debatable.

    Well, one half thinks this is email and the other half thinks this is NTL
    Tech/Customer Service. Do the math. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 17, 2006
  15. Super Duper MMI

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-01-17, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:05:53 +0000, Whiskers wrote:

    >>> Anyway, NTL doesn't need faster broadband; NTL needs quicker users. :)

    >> That's debatable.

    > Well, one half thinks this is email and the other half thinks this is NTL
    > Tech/Customer Service. Do the math. :)

    Do we want them posting any quicker?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jan 17, 2006
  16. On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:47:34 +0000, Whiskers wrote:

    > On 2006-01-17, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >>> That's debatable.

    >> Well, one half thinks this is email and the other half thinks this is
    >> NTL Tech/Customer Service. Do the math. :)

    > Do we want them posting any quicker?

    I was/am talking about the "more astute" sense of the word "quick"; note I
    didn't say "faster".

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 17, 2006
  17. Super Duper MMI

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-01-17, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:47:34 +0000, Whiskers wrote:

    >>> Well, one half thinks this is email and the other half thinks this is
    >>> NTL Tech/Customer Service. Do the math. :)

    >> Do we want them posting any quicker?

    > I was/am talking about the "more astute" sense of the word "quick"; note I
    > didn't say "faster".

    All your words are belong to me; I know what I wanted you to mean ;))

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jan 17, 2006
  18. Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2006-01-17, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >>>Do we want them posting any quicker?

    >>I was/am talking about the "more astute" sense of the word "quick"; note I
    >>didn't say "faster".

    > All your words are belong to me; I know what I wanted you to mean ;))

    I hope I'm not included in your thoughts :p

    --
    Now, how do you start a newsgroup again?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jan 18, 2006
  19. Super Duper MMI

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-01-18, Brian H¹© <> wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:

    >>>I was/am talking about the "more astute" sense of the word "quick"; note I
    >>>didn't say "faster".

    >> All your words are belong to me; I know what I wanted you to mean ;))
    >>

    > I hope I'm not included in your thoughts :p

    There is always an exception to prove the rule ;))

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jan 18, 2006