  1. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    NTL e-mail servers wil be offline between 1am and 7am.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Brian H¹©

    Unknown Guest

    Who besides you said so?

    Unknown, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Unknown said:

    > Who besides you said so?

    Who do you think?

    http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/lookup/default.asp

    Brian H¹©, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Brian H¹©

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Brian H¹© posted ...

    > NTL e-mail servers wil be offline between 1am and 7am.

    I know they're sketchy at best, but being _this_ precise about a problem is
    pretty cool ...

    Bet it's more like 11pm to 9 am .. a day earlier or a day later.

    but could be a day earlier _and_ a day later .. ;)

    I quite liked NTL when I was with them .. One knew exactly where one stood
    when crisis' occurred ... firmly on one's own ... ;)

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Feb 11, 2004
  5. Brian H¹©

    John Holmes Guest

    Brian H¹© came up with this:

    > NTL e-mail servers wil be offline between 1am and 7am.

    How did you do that?
    :)

    --
    Somebody is watching you.

    -John Holmes-

    John Holmes, Feb 11, 2004
  6. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    John Holmes said:

    > Brian H¹© came up with this:
    >
    >> NTL e-mail servers wil be offline between 1am and 7am.
    >>

    > How did you do that?
    > :)

    I check their status page when I have any problems ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Feb 12, 2004
  7. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Paul - xxx said:

    > Brian H¹© posted ...
    >
    >> NTL e-mail servers wil be offline between 1am and 7am.

    > I know they're sketchy at best, but being _this_ precise about a problem is
    > pretty cool ...
    >
    > Bet it's more like 11pm to 9 am .. a day earlier or a day later.
    >
    > but could be a day earlier _and_ a day later .. ;)
    >
    > I quite liked NTL when I was with them .. One knew exactly where one stood
    > when crisis' occurred ... firmly on one's own ... ;)

    LMAO

    Brian H¹©, Feb 12, 2004
  8. Brian H¹©

    ziggy Guest

    > Paul - xxx said:
    >
    >> Brian H¹© posted ...
    >>
    >>> NTL e-mail servers wil be offline between 1am and 7am.

    >> I know they're sketchy at best, but being _this_ precise about a
    >> problem is pretty cool ...
    >>
    >> Bet it's more like 11pm to 9 am .. a day earlier or a day later.
    >>
    >> but could be a day earlier _and_ a day later .. ;)
    >>
    >> I quite liked NTL when I was with them .. One knew exactly where
    >> one stood when crisis' occurred ... firmly on one's own ... ;)

    > LMAO

    They really are the limit eh? I jumped ship as I got sick to death
    of being blanked by them.

    ziggy

    ziggy, Feb 12, 2004
  9. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    ziggy said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in
    >
    >> Paul - xxx said:
    >>
    >>> Brian H¹© posted ...

    >>> I know they're sketchy at best, but being _this_ precise about a
    >>> problem is pretty cool ...
    >>>
    >>> Bet it's more like 11pm to 9 am .. a day earlier or a day later.
    >>>
    >>> but could be a day earlier _and_ a day later .. ;)
    >>>
    >>> I quite liked NTL when I was with them .. One knew exactly where
    >>> one stood when crisis' occurred ... firmly on one's own ... ;)

    >> LMAO

    > They really are the limit eh? I jumped ship as I got sick to death
    > of being blanked by them.
    >
    > ziggy

    I'm only replying so that you don't think I'm blanking you :-D

    Brian H¹©, Feb 12, 2004
  10. Brian H¹©

    ziggy Guest

    > ziggy said:
    >
    >> "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in

    >>> LMAO

    >> They really are the limit eh? I jumped ship as I got sick to

    death
    >> of being blanked by them.
    >>
    >> ziggy

    > I'm only replying so that you don't think I'm blanking you :-D

    Oh thank you, thank you. You just don't know............roflmao

    ziggy

    ziggy, Feb 12, 2004
  11. Brian H¹©

    Paul - xxx Guest

    ziggy posted ...

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Feb 12, 2004
  12. Brian H¹©

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Brian H¹© posted ...

    > John Holmes said:
    >
    >> Brian H¹© came up with this:
    >>
    >>> NTL e-mail servers wil be offline between 1am and 7am.
    >>>

    >> How did you do that?
    >> :)

    > I check their status page when I have any problems ;-)

    It's now your home page then ... (8(|)

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Feb 12, 2004
  13. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Paul - xxx said:

    > Brian H¹© posted ...
    >
    >> John Holmes said:
    >>
    >>> Brian H¹© came up with this:

    >>> How did you do that?
    >>> :)

    >> I check their status page when I have any problems ;-)

    > It's now your home page then ... (8(|)

    It's a closely guarded secret that I actually own NTL, so don't let anyone know
    ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Feb 12, 2004
  14. Brian H¹©

    John Holmes Guest

    Brian H¹© came up with this:

    > Paul - xxx said:
    >
    >> Brian H¹© posted ...

    >>> I check their status page when I have any problems ;-)

    >> It's now your home page then ... (8(|)

    > It's a closely guarded secret that I actually own NTL, so don't let
    > anyone know ;-)

    Don't worry, my lips are sealed.

    --
    Somebody is watching you.

    -John Holmes-

    John Holmes, Feb 12, 2004
  15. Blinky the Shark, Feb 13, 2004
  16. Brian H¹©

    c.rowlands4 Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    > Paul - xxx said:
    >
    >> Brian H¹© posted ...

    >>> I check their status page when I have any problems ;-)

    >> It's now your home page then ... (8(|)

    > It's a closely guarded secret that I actually own NTL, so don't let
    > anyone know ;-)

    Right! That's what I needed to know! Just watch out!

    Seriously, folk should have been more grateful for your advice!

    I did see & thanked you (in thought ).

    ---

    c.rowlands4, Feb 13, 2004
  17. Brian H¹©

    c.rowlands4 Guest

    ziggy wrote:
    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in
    >
    >> Paul - xxx said:
    >>
    >>> Brian H¹© posted ...

    >>> I know they're sketchy at best, but being _this_ precise about a
    >>> problem is pretty cool ...
    >>>
    >>> Bet it's more like 11pm to 9 am .. a day earlier or a day later.
    >>>
    >>> but could be a day earlier _and_ a day later .. ;)
    >>>
    >>> I quite liked NTL when I was with them .. One knew exactly where
    >>> one stood when crisis' occurred ... firmly on one's own ... ;)

    >> LMAO

    > They really are the limit eh? I jumped ship as I got sick to death
    > of being blanked by them.
    >
    > ziggy

    I felt the same but didn't & to be fair, the performance has improved
    recently.
    Just don't try accessing between 7.30 and 11.00 pm.
    I suspect parents want some P & Q and leave the lower decks to the kids!

    ---

    c.rowlands4, Feb 13, 2004
  18. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    c.rowlands4 said:

    > ziggy wrote:
    >> "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in

    >>> LMAO

    >> They really are the limit eh? I jumped ship as I got sick to death
    >> of being blanked by them.
    >>
    >> ziggy

    > I felt the same but didn't & to be fair, the performance has improved
    > recently.

    That's cos there are only a few of us left on their network ;-)

    > Just don't try accessing between 7.30 and 11.00 pm.

    You do mean 7:30 am don't you?

    Brian H¹©, Feb 13, 2004
  19. Brian H¹©

    ziggy Guest

    "c.rowlands4" <> wrote in

    > ziggy wrote:
    >> "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in

    >>> LMAO

    >> They really are the limit eh? I jumped ship as I got sick to
    >> death of being blanked by them.
    >>
    >> ziggy

    > I felt the same but didn't & to be fair, the performance has
    > improved
    > recently.
    > Just don't try accessing between 7.30 and 11.00 pm.
    > I suspect parents want some P & Q and leave the lower decks to the
    > kids!

    Whatever problems I had I solved myself when I first went online with
    them. I think they blank you on purpose and work on the theory that
    anything left to it's own devices will get better eventually left
    alone! I never really had problems getting online it was their lack
    of contact that finished me. I had a letter yesterday to say they
    received my letter (Got sick of emailing them) and would be dealing
    with the matter as soon as possible (Words to that effect) Why the
    f*** did they send me the 'robot' email? lol

    ziggy

    ziggy, Feb 14, 2004