    that it would not read my NTL broad band suppilers disc and did not
    reconise the usb connection, so had to go back to win xp pro 1. Could anyone
    help.
    =?Utf-8?B?WjIx?=, Jul 24, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?WjIx?=

    Rick Guest

    The only entity that can help is the manufacturer and/or distributor of
    your USB device. Microsoft does not write the drivers for the hardware
    - the manufacturers and/or the distributors do. Contact them.

    Rick, Jul 24, 2005

  3. "Z21" <> wrote in message
    >I have amd 64 computer and tried to install windows 64 but when i did i
    >found
    > that it would not read my NTL broad band suppilers disc and did not
    > reconise the usb connection, so had to go back to win xp pro 1. Could
    > anyone
    > help

    Only NTL or the USB device manufacturer can help as they need to supply you
    with x64 (64-bit) drivers for the device.
    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jul 24, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?WjIx?=

    DKI Guest

    don't your ntl cable modem have an ethernet port on it. everyone i know on
    ntl broadband has both usb and ethernet ports especially my ntl cable modem
    has. have a look and if it does use that if it does. ntl only supply usb
    drivers on there site but i will tell you it is faster and better to use the
    ethernet port if your modem has one. and you won't need the ntl drivers if
    you run it through the ethernet port. nor would you need there software.

    DKI, Jul 24, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?WjIx?=

    DKI Guest

    ntl only supply usb drivers on there disk and not on the site. missed that
    bit out.

    DKI, Jul 24, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?WjIx?=

    DKI Guest

    NTL i doubt have the drivers for USB on X64 but all there modems i seen so
    far and as on there site seems to sujust they come with ethernet as well and
    don't need the software or dialers, once actavited on ethernet it remains
    active so even if i format it still is usable without the software.

    The only software they provide is for average users that have trouble
    connecting on ethernet and USB and that for those who don't know the windows
    tools to use so they provide there GUI version

    DKI, Jul 24, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?WjIx?=

    Tocapet Guest

    Tocapet, Jul 24, 2005