    Andy Wilson Guest

    What is the best and cheapest ways to share a NTL set-top box cable
    broadband connection between 2 computers at home?

    Andy Wilson, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Andy Wilson

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Oct 19, 2003

  3. Andy Wilson

    Andy Wilson Guest

    Thanks for this link, but is this realy the "best cheapest" solution?

    Andy

    Andy Wilson, Oct 19, 2003
  4. Andy Wilson

    Guest

    <> wrote:

    >What is the best and cheapest ways to share a NTL set-top box cable
    >broadband connection between 2 computers at home?

    Hi Ive shared out ADSL Ethernet routers and ADSL USB modems so maybe I
    can help. How does the NTL box connect to your computer and what OS is
    your computer running ?

    , Oct 19, 2003
  5. Andy Wilson

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 09:27:29 +0100, Andy Wilson wrote:

    >Thanks for this link, but is this realy the "best cheapest" solution?

    Don't know about the STB, try the NTL forum link below.

    Easy method is go with a router.

    For networking PCs
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
    http://www.wown.com/

    BY users site, mentions networking
    http://www.by-users.co.uk/

    NTL user forums
    http://www.nthellworld.com/

    Good NTL/BY CM page
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/techsupp.html

    >Andy
    >

    >"Harrison" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.ntlworld.com/help/services/homenetworking.html
    >>
    >> On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 06:28:44 +0100, "Andy Wilson"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >What is the best and cheapest ways to share a NTL set-top box cable
    >> >broadband connection between 2 computers at home?

    Me

    why?, Oct 19, 2003
  6. Andy Wilson

    Harrison Guest

    Best and cheapest aren't going to match.

    Cheapest - Put a second NIC in the PC using broadband now and create a
    multi-homed computer.

    Best - Get a good quality broadband router.

    <> wrote:

    >Thanks for this link, but is this realy the "best cheapest" solution?
    >
    >Andy
    >

    >"Harrison" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.ntlworld.com/help/services/homenetworking.html
    >>
    >> On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 06:28:44 +0100, "Andy Wilson"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >What is the best and cheapest ways to share a NTL set-top box cable
    >> >broadband connection between 2 computers at home?

    Harrison
    Skype:windowshelp

    Harrison, Oct 19, 2003
  7. Andy Wilson

    nemo Guest

    The best way is to go with an adsl router,but you can pick them up
    cheaper than NTL are charging. Take a look at this link:

    http://www.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/ss_Netgear_dg814_4-port_adsl_router.html

    or do a google search.

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Oct 19, 2003
  8. Andy Wilson

    Kráftéé Guest

    nemo wrote:
    > The best way is to go with an adsl router,but you can pick them up
    > cheaper than NTL are charging. Take a look at this link:

    Get a clue & answer the posters question.

    Little hint......NTL doesn't supply ADSL so an ADSL router will not be
    at all useful, whilst a normal ethernet router will be...

    --
    B-)
    Don't practice safe hex,

    Kráftéé, Oct 19, 2003
  9. Andy Wilson

    nemo Guest

    My mistake, that will teach me to read posts properly.

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Oct 19, 2003
  10. Andy Wilson

    eric holmes Guest

    Re: NTL Broadband Sharing - the easy way

    i aint got NTL i got BT, the best telewest !!!!

    Anyway, i had the same prob, 2 computers 1 connection, when i got it
    installed only had the 2 computers no routers or servers.

    So the easiest way 2 do it is this, network your computers together,
    if not already - pick one computer to be the main computer then share
    your internet connection - dont know how to share then go look it up,
    the internet is a big place you know

    eric holmes, Oct 20, 2003