  1. is there a newsgroup for ntl broadband help?
    Thanks
    Gorilla Angel
    Gorilla Angels, Jan 17, 2006

  2. Gorilla Angels

    Gordon Guest

    On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:48:43 +0000, Gorilla Angels wrote:

    > is there a newsgroup for ntl broadband help?
    > Thanks
    > Gorilla Angel

    You have tried looking on the NTL news server, haven't you?

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Ubuntu 5.10
    Gordon, Jan 17, 2006

  3. Gorilla Angels

    Gutz Guest

    "Gorilla Angels" <> wrote in message
    > is there a newsgroup for ntl broadband help?
    > Thanks
    > Gorilla Angel

    Yes & No. There are a series of ntl branded groups but theyre not worth
    mentioning as posts are only kept for a week and no one has posted for weeks
    :p
    Gutz, Jan 17, 2006
  4. On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:02:09 +0000, Gutz wrote:

    > "Gorilla Angels" <> wrote in message
    >> is there a newsgroup for ntl broadband help? Thanks
    >> Gorilla Angel
    >>

    > Yes & No. There are a series of ntl branded groups but theyre not worth
    > mentioning as posts are only kept for a week and no one has posted for
    > weeks :p

    And of course they're full of NTL numbnutzes. :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 17, 2006
  5. Gorilla Angels

    zaax Guest

    zaax, Jan 17, 2006
  6. Gorilla Angels

    Gutz Guest

    "zaax" <> wrote in message
    > Gorilla Angels wrote:
    >
    >> is there a newsgroup for ntl broadband help?
    >> Thanks
    >> Gorilla Angel

    > Try http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/index.php? they are very helpful
    > for NTL users

    & ntlhell.co.uk

    Gutz, Jan 17, 2006
  7. Gorilla Angels

    PJB Guest

    > is there a newsgroup for ntl broadband help?
    > Thanks
    > Gorilla Angel

    try:-

    ntl.discussion.broadband.adsl (For broadband via telephone line)
    or
    ntl.discussion.broadband.cm (For Cable modem users)
    or
    ntl.discussion.broadband.stb (for SetTopBox users)
    or even
    ntl.discussion.home-networking

    P.
    PJB, Jan 17, 2006
  8. Gorilla Angels

    old jon Guest

    > is there a newsgroup for ntl broadband help?
    > Thanks
    > Gorilla Angel

    What`s your problem GA. Connection, or info ?.

    --
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Jan 17, 2006
  9. "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "Gorilla Angels" <> wrote in message
    > > is there a newsgroup for ntl broadband help?
    > > Thanks
    > > Gorilla Angel
    > >

    > What`s your problem GA. Connection, or info ?.
    >
    > --
    > bw..OJ

    Help and advice, looked on the ntl broadband newsgroups but there are only
    a couple of posts and some date back to August.
    Gorilla Angel
    Gorilla Angels, Jan 17, 2006
  10. Gorilla Angels

    old jon Guest

    > "old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Gorilla Angels" <> wrote in message
    >> > is there a newsgroup for ntl broadband help?

    > Help and advice, looked on the ntl broadband newsgroups but there are only
    > a couple of posts and some date back to August.
    > Gorilla Angel

    If you`ve got BB connection problems. I`d suggest you D\load Broadband Medic
    from ntl and install it. It helps when you`ve got internet connection
    hassles.

    --
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Jan 17, 2006

  11. >
    > > Help and advice, looked on the ntl broadband newsgroups but there are

    only
    > > a couple of posts and some date back to August.
    > > Gorilla Angel
    > >

    > If you`ve got BB connection problems. I`d suggest you D\load Broadband

    Medic
    > from ntl and install it. It helps when you`ve got internet connection
    > hassles.

    Hi
    Did that, its just general advice im after. Like how do I tell what speed
    the modem is running at? I asked for 2MB broadband but when it ran on a test
    line it showed 13MB a minute. Confused? You will be.
    Gorilla Angels
    Gorilla Angels, Jan 18, 2006
  12. Gorilla Angels

    old jon Guest

    >> > Help and advice, looked on the ntl broadband newsgroups but there are

    > only
    >> > a couple of posts and some date back to August.

    >> If you`ve got BB connection problems. I`d suggest you D\load Broadband

    > Medic
    >> from ntl and install it. It helps when you`ve got internet connection
    >> hassles.

    > Hi
    > Did that, its just general advice im after. Like how do I tell what speed
    > the modem is running at? I asked for 2MB broadband but when it ran on a
    > test
    > line it showed 13MB a minute. Confused? You will be.
    > Gorilla Angels

    Hi GA. that is 13 Mb (little b = bits. Big B =bytes)/
    Your doing well.
    The speed is related to the load on the network.
    (ie how many people\how much traffic.)
    If you were the only person on the net you would get good D\load speeds.
    Sadly you`re not, there are millions of people doing the same as you. <G>.

    --
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Jan 18, 2006