    necessary. I have demon b/b and no special s/ware.

    Help would be very much appreciated.

    William

    William, Jan 14, 2006

  2. William

    Rick Guest

    How are you connected/accessing broadband? The only problems connecting
    to broadband with Win x64 are if you are using a USB connection to the
    modem. It is almost impossible to find drivers for USB modems.

    I use the ethernet connection and I have no problems.

    Rick, Jan 14, 2006

  3. William

    DKI Guest

    the ntl modem should have an ethernet port as well as USB, its better to use
    the ethernet than USB and the only drivers required are the ethernet card
    and no drivers needed for the modem.

    I currently on ntl 1mb service and i have no problems connecting to it via
    ethernet.

    ntls disk is only needed to run through the regestration process once to get
    the modem activated then after that any software installed uninstall it
    cause its not needed.

    DKI, Jan 14, 2006
  4. i use ntl broadband with xp64 windows and have no problems but i use ethernet
    from modem to router you should be able to use ntl software but usb
    connection wont work with xp64

    =?Utf-8?B?a29sYQ==?=, Jan 15, 2006
  5. "William" wrote:

    > The subject says it all.
    >
    > Problem is that after helping my son-in-law build a new PC with XP64
    > he can't get onto NTL broadband. NTL Help desk just say they are not
    > producing s/ware for 64 bit, but I have to ask why is their s/ware
    > necessary. I have demon b/b and no special s/ware.
    >
    > Help would be very much appreciated.
    >
    > William

    I loaded XP64 on a spare drive. i had expected difficulties with the NTL
    Broadband connection but was pleasantly surprised when it connected at the
    registration stage with no problems at all. I connect to my PC using the the
    Ethernet connection not USB.

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVzdGVybW8=?=, Jan 15, 2006
  6. William

    William Guest

    Thank you all for your help and I'm pleased to say the problem is now
    solved.

    Your help was good, as it told us there should not really be a
    problem. Much better help than the NTL help desk gave, by the way.

    On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:14:14 +0000, William
    <> wrote:

    >The subject says it all.
    >
    >Problem is that after helping my son-in-law build a new PC with XP64
    >he can't get onto NTL broadband. NTL Help desk just say they are not
    >producing s/ware for 64 bit, but I have to ask why is their s/ware
    >necessary. I have demon b/b and no special s/ware.
    >
    >Help would be very much appreciated.
    >
    >William

    William

    William, Jan 15, 2006