    machines and they will have "Full Control"?

    Thanks

    Billy
    Bay, Oct 5, 2003

  2. The fact that the workstations are running FAT32 has nothing to do with what
    NTFS permissions you set on the server. If you NTFS permission the
    directories on the server this will affect all users accessing the shares
    and directories, no matter what operating system they use or what file
    system that OS uses.

    "Bay" <> wrote in message
    > I have a few desktops in office that are running XP Pro with a FAT32
    > partition. I recently configured the home folder resides in server with
    > NTFS permission and get rid of the "everyone" group. Will those XP

    desktops
    > with FAT32 partition have any problem accessing or writing data to the

    home
    > folders? FAT32 format doesn't support NTFS permission, so I guess

    whatever
    > NTFS permission I set on the home folders will not apply to FAT32

    formatted

    Brendon Rogers, Oct 5, 2003