    I have xp on one partition. NTFS. My other partition, where I will download
    everything to is still FAT32. Is this gonna be a problem? Is there any
    performance issues?

    Dan, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Dan

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Dan

    HamMan Guest

    "Dan" <> wrote in message
    news:j4hNb.93905$JQ1.35391@pd7tw1no...
    > I have xp on one partition. NTFS. My other partition, where I will

    download
    > everything to is still FAT32. Is this gonna be a problem? Is there any
    > performance issues?

    Yeah, they'll be too fast. Format it all with loads of 512Mb FAT16 partions,
    that'll sort out reeel goood...

    HamMan, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Dan

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:41:37 -0000, in
    <bu49i1$tbm$>
    "HamMan" <<remove>spammers_must_die</remove>> scrawled:

    >"Dan" <> wrote in message
    >> I have xp on one partition. NTFS. My other partition, where I will

    >download
    >> everything to is still FAT32. Is this gonna be a problem? Is there any
    >> performance issues?
    >>

    >Yeah, they'll be too fast. Format it all with loads of 512Mb FAT16 partions,
    >that'll sort out reeel goood...

    What kind of stupid advice is *that* supposed to be?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 14, 2004
  5. Dan

    Harrison Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:50:39 GMT, "Dan" <>
    wrote:

    >I have xp on one partition. NTFS. My other partition, where I will download
    >everything to is still FAT32. Is this gonna be a problem?

    No
    >Is there any performance issues?

    You'd be better off with NTFS on all partitions unless you need FAT32
    for something else in a dual boot.

    Harrison, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Dan

    philo Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > I have xp on one partition. NTFS. My other partition, where I will download
    > everything to is still FAT32. Is this gonna be a problem? Is there any
    > performance issues?

    Although Fat32 is not likely to present a problem...
    NTFS would be better unless you are dual booting and want win98
    to access that drive

    philo, Jan 14, 2004
  7. Dan

    MrMel Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > I have xp on one partition. NTFS. My other partition, where I will
    > download everything to is still FAT32. Is this gonna be a problem? Is
    > there any performance issues?

    An interesting read.

    www.goodells.net/multiboot/

    MrMel, Jan 16, 2004