NTFS crashes every time-won't run an exe remotely

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by developmental2@walla.com, Jun 17, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi All,

    I have recently reformatted one PC in my peer to peer network and
    reinstalled its win2k
    on NTFS (previosuly all of the PC's were FAT32 / Win2k).
    It seemed to work at first, until I tried to execute EXE files over
    the network from the NTFS PC.

    Whenever I try to execute a file over the network (i.e. a file
    residing on another PC with FAT32) it hangs the NTFS PC with no Error
    message (simply freezes up), while other PC's that still have FAT32
    execute this file without a problem. The NTFS pc has a new WD hard
    drive with no errors. Downloaded all patches (SP4, windows update
    etc).

    This happens with any EXE file I try to run this way. The PC's are
    networked through a simple router and wired with 100mbps LAN cables.
    The drives are mapped with the NET USE /persistent:no upon boot, the
    way they were before (when all PC's were FAT32).
    I have user accounts for each PC (no drive is shared to the
    everyone).

    I'm going straight back to FAT32, but any hints of what's going on?
    , Jun 17, 2007

  2. Plato Guest

    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    Is that a fact. Doesn't seem to explain why all the other FAT32 Pc's
    run any EXE file I chuck at them remotely, only the NTFS machine
    doesn't. And it once did too, when it had FAT32. Evidence points
    against you.
    , Jul 7, 2007
  4. Guest

    wrote:

    >I have recently reformatted one PC in my peer to peer network and
    >reinstalled its win2k
    >on NTFS (previosuly all of the PC's were FAT32 / Win2k).
    >It seemed to work at first, until I tried to execute EXE files over
    >the network from the NTFS PC.
    >
    >Whenever I try to execute a file over the network (i.e. a file
    >residing on another PC with FAT32) it hangs the NTFS PC with no Error
    >message (simply freezes up),

    It's just a file system, and not your problem, follow Plato's links.

    --
    Duck
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/linny/45599281