    see the router eventhough sitting next to each other.

    Any Ideas.

    Prasanna
    PRao, Feb 8, 2005

  2. I'm having exactly the same problems with a linksys router, have you maNAGED
    TO FIX YOURS IT'S DRIVIN ME MAD!!

    =?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZA==?=, Feb 10, 2005

  3. I have a couple off suggestions from other sites. mostly upgrade the router
    firmware which I will try this week.

    Also a hint I got.
    "Go to the Network properties and look for the wireless
    TCP/IP conncetion. If it's not there, it did not
    install...

    Otherwise, check the settings. Make sure the SSID,
    channel, WEP key, and WEP key length match those on the
    router. Check also the Workgroup name -- it needs to
    match the workgroup on the other computer.

    The best way is typically to turn off WEP, setup and test
    everything, and then add WEP.
    "

    =?Utf-8?B?UHJhc2FubmEgcmFv?=, Feb 14, 2005
  4. Thanks 4 the advice, I have downloaded the firmware already and also tried to
    get it to work with WEP disabled, seems like I've had all the same advice as
    you with no joy. The other tip I had today was try switching channels use
    either 1 or 6 and also re-name SSID I've tried both of these and still the
    wireless don't work so I've still working with the wire and even more
    frustrated. If I manage to fix mine, I'll let you know!! Good Luck

    =?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZA==?=, Feb 14, 2005