    Documents out of both our profiles preff using a .bks

    Cheers
    John
    John, Aug 30, 2003

  2. John

    Enkidu Guest

    On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:01:50 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >Has anyone scripted to use the BKS file for backing up their machine
    >with ntbackup?
    >Ive mucked around with it a little bit.
    >Does anyone have a working example - Im only wishing to backup My
    >Documents out of both our profiles preff using a .bks

    A BKS file is just a Unicode text file. Use a Unicode editor and you
    should be able to just edit it by hand. To find out what the command
    is that you should use in the batch file, schedule a backup (it
    doesn't have to actually run), and cut and paste the resultant
    command. The bks file mentioned in that command contains the list of
    files to be backed up.

    See:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;239892

    It mentions standalone library but it also applies to non-tape
    backups. It says in part:

    "If you want to schedule a batch file to perform additional tasks
    along with the backup, you can copy the backup command string from a
    scheduled backup job by viewing any of the scheduled tasks properties
    from the Schedule Jobs tab in Ntbackup or by using the Scheduled Tasks
    tool in Control Panel. You can then put it in a separate batch file,
    modify the string to fit your needs, and schedule it using the at
    command or Task Scheduler."

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.