    through Money Concepts Capital Corp., 7828 East 88th Street, Indianapolis,
    Indiana 46256, 317-841-0370. Member NASD/SIPC. Not FDIC Insured, No Bank
    Guarantees, May Lose Value.

    keith chilton, Jul 5, 2007

  2. Does nobody have an answer? Did anyone read this?

    messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
    and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
    my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
    representative independent of this message. All Securities are offered

    keith chilton, Jul 6, 2007

  3. keith chilton

    Paxrat Guest

    Have you checked the system event log? Sounds like the process is hung, I'd
    kill all those instances and launch the backup from a command line. Here's
    some help doing that:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...s/en-us/ntbackup_manage_command.mspx?mfr=true
    I know its your server, meaning you can have very little downtime with it,
    but I'd suggest a hard boot if nothing else works.
    --
    Paxrat
    A+,Network+,MCP,CCNA

    Paxrat, Jul 6, 2007
  4. Thanks I will have to restart it soon. I'm gonna have to have it back

    Keith Chilton, Jul 11, 2007
  5. keith chilton

    M Guest

    > Can anyone explain the odd behavior of my Windows Server 2003 not wanting
    > to launch the Backup Utility? When I view the processes in Task Manager it
    > shows NTBACKUP.EXE, but the dang thing never shows up. The more times you
    > try to open it, the more NTBACKUP.EXE processes that keep showing up in
    > Task Manager. I don't know why all of a sudden this started happening. I
    > guess I could use my command-line and "hopefully" that would work for me.
    > Havent tried yet though.
    >
    > --
    > ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality Footer****
    > Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
    > you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
    > delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this
    > message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and
    > notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to
    > Internet email messages of this kind, please advise us immediately.
    > Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are
    > not given or endorsed by my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by
    > an authorized representative independent of this message. All Securities
    > are offered through Money Concepts Capital Corp., 7828 East 88th Street,
    > Indianapolis, Indiana 46256, 317-841-0370. Member NASD/SIPC. Not FDIC
    > Insured, No Bank Guarantees, May Lose Value.

    You need to boot into safe mode and delete the contents of

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\NtmsData

    then reboot and ntbackup will now work.

    M, Jul 11, 2007