    when i double click on a icon in the desktop it wont do anything but i
    can still run programs with the start > program etc...
    does anyone know how to solve this and what is the problem?

    akl4u, Aug 8, 2006

  2. akl4u

    smackedass Guest

    Assuming that it's a shortcut...did you try deleting the shortcut, then
    creating a new one?

    sa

    smackedass, Aug 8, 2006

  3. On 7 Aug 2006 23:29:50 -0700, "akl4u" <> wrote:

    >i know it's a very old OS system but i have a problam in one of my
    >workstation in work
    >when i double click on a icon in the desktop it wont do anything but i
    >can still run programs with the start > program etc...
    >does anyone know how to solve this and what is the problem?

    I have the same problem with W2k, it just developed recently. When I
    find the answer I'll post back. In my case it doesn't affect all
    associated applications, and I just need time to ferret out
    connections. I am suspecting that it is possible that I have a mixup
    in associations, but I haven't had time to check into it further. Good
    luck.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Aug 8, 2006