    valid. Searching around the microsoft sites seems to imply that the
    qualification still hasn't become invalid, but I can't find any evidence to
    prove that it is still valid. Any clues?

    =?Utf-8?B?b2xkLXRpbWVy?=, Sep 18, 2007

  2. As per usual, soon after I post the question I think I have found the answer,
    which is yes!. See
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.mspx (last updat 7th
    September 2007) which says in part:

    The elective exams provide a valid and reliable measure of technical
    proficiency and expertise in solution design and implementation. MCSE
    candidates should also have at least one year of experience implementing and
    administering a network operating system, implementing and administering a
    client operating system, and designing a network infrastructure. Individuals
    who earned the MCSE certification on Windows NT 4.0 by February 28, 2001,
    remain certified.

    =?Utf-8?B?b2xkLXRpbWVy?=, Sep 18, 2007

  3. Not only are you still certified, but the number of you MCSE NT4 increased in
    the last two months from 395,737 to 395,746. Of course, I don't think
    Microsoft tracks whether certified people are dead or not, so the actual
    number is somewhat less.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=, Sep 19, 2007