    --
    All of Usenet is in a psychological, emotional, and antisocial free fall
    into an abyss and fully immersed in a drowning pool of mental illness.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 9, 2006

  2. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:38:44 GMT, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:

    >Hello friends,
    >
    >I have a laptop that my brother-in-law has asked me to see if I can
    >fix for him. The problem is the password.

    <snip>

    >longer works. He has no NT Setup CD, etc...

    Try ebay (if you are into that sort of thing) or another source and get
    an NT CD. If you don't u/g then at some point you will need it.

    >Does anyone know what could be done to bypass this password and make
    >it possible to just access the system? It boots up fine, all the way
    >to the password dialog, of course, and that is it.

    This has been mentioned before, search past posts in 24HSHD
    http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk?lnk=gschg

    From: why? - view profile
    Date: Mon, Feb 6 2006 6:35 pm
    Email: why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    Groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Some links mentioned before in 24HSHD
    http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm
    <snip line - site was bought by MS>
    which is http://www.winternals.com/ the emergency tools pack, with a
    password unlock app.
    http://www.winternals.com/Products/AdministratorsPak/EmergencyDownload/Default.aspx

    and some maybe not, mentioned..
    http://www.jms1.net/nt-unlock.shtml

    For the future :)

    Always create a backup admin account.

    Install the OS twice, to different partitions, allows booting to 2nd OS
    for data recovery.

    Ripped from an UNK post

    3
    From: Unk - view profile
    Date: Sat, Aug 20 2005 5:17 am
    Email: Unk <>
    Groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Not yet rated
    Rating:
    show options
    original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

    On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:36:44 GMT, <> wrote:
    >hi,

    >how can i recover admin password on xp?

    >in this case, when i go to recovery console, i get option 1 and 2 of
    >c:\windows and e:\minint

    >if I choose option one i am asked for admin password and cant go any
    >further. if i choose 2 i have read and write access to all partitions so
    >this could help.

    >in 2000 i used to rename c:\winnt\system32\config\sam to something else and
    >i could login with administrator and no password but no such luck with XP.

    >ps. it is service pack 1 if this helps.

    Lost/Forgotten Windows XP Password
    http://8help.ohio-state.edu/878.html
    http://www.mirider.com/ntaccess.html

    XP passwords rendered useless.
    http://www.briansbuzz.com/w/030213/

    Recover/reset lost passwords:

    Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, Bootdisk / CD
    http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/406-p1.php
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/austrumi

    John the Ripper - http://www.openwall.com/john/

    LC4 - http://www.atstake.com/products/lc/

    SAM Inside - http://www.insidepro.com/eng/saminside.shtml

    ActMon Password Recovery XP - http://www.actmon.com/download/

    ERD Commander 2005 - http://www.winternals.com/Products/ErdCommander/
    (Too expensive for your average user)

    >Any suggestions?

    http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk?lnk=gschg
    or
    www.google.com

    Me

    why?, Nov 9, 2006

  3. On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:54:22 GMT, why?

> [...]

    >On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:36:44 GMT, <> wrote:
    >>hi,

    >>how can i recover admin password on xp?

    >>in this case, when i go to recovery console, i get option 1 and 2 of
    >>c:\windows and e:\minint

    >>if I choose option one i am asked for admin password and cant go any
    >>further. if i choose 2 i have read and write access to all partitions so
    >>this could help.

    >>in 2000 i used to rename c:\winnt\system32\config\sam to something else and
    >>i could login with administrator and no password but no such luck with XP.

    >>ps. it is service pack 1 if this helps.

    >Lost/Forgotten Windows XP Password
    >http://8help.ohio-state.edu/878.html
    >http://www.mirider.com/ntaccess.html
    >
    >XP passwords rendered useless.
    >http://www.briansbuzz.com/w/030213/
    >
    >Recover/reset lost passwords:
    >
    >Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, Bootdisk / CD

    Thanks, why. I went to the site provided in the link you gave here:

    DLoaded and burned the iso image and it worked like a charm.

    Thank you,

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 10, 2006
  4. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:

    > Hello friends,
    >
    > I have a laptop that my brother-in-law has asked me to see if I can
    > fix for him. The problem is the password.
    >
    > We don't know it. He used to know it but some prick at his work did
    > something to it while supposedly upgrading some crazy shit having to
    > do with a job or something, I have no idea.
    >
    > Anyway, when he gets to his password screen now, the old password no
    > longer works. He has no NT Setup CD, etc...
    >
    > Does anyone know what could be done to bypass this password and make
    > it possible to just access the system? It boots up fine, all the way
    > to the password dialog, of course, and that is it.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    There are a lot of liveCDs (provided you can make the laptop boot from CD)
    with tools as "chntpwd". Have a look for Hirens boot&root, ERD-Commander
    and others.

    Walter Mautner, Nov 10, 2006
  5. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 03:11:13 GMT, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:

    >On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:54:22 GMT, why?
    >

    >>On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:38:44 GMT, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello friends,
    >>>
    >>>I have a laptop that my brother-in-law has asked me to see if I can
    >>>fix for him. The problem is the password.

    >><snip>
    >>
    >>>longer works. He has no NT Setup CD, etc...

    <big snip>

    >Thanks, why. I went to the site provided in the link you gave here:
    >http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    >
    >DLoaded and burned the iso image and it worked like a charm.
    >
    >Thank you,

    YW It's good to know it worked, I haven't needed to use it yet. It's
    been close a few times.

    >Altie

    Me

    why?, Nov 10, 2006
  6. On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:14:58 +0100, Walter Mautner
    <> wrote:

    >Ctrl?Alt?Del?wrote:
    >
    >> Hello friends,
    >>
    >> I have a laptop that my brother-in-law has asked me to see if I can
    >> fix for him. The problem is the password.
    >>
    >> We don't know it. He used to know it but some prick at his work did
    >> something to it while supposedly upgrading some crazy shit having to
    >> do with a job or something, I have no idea.
    >>
    >> Anyway, when he gets to his password screen now, the old password no
    >> longer works. He has no NT Setup CD, etc...
    >>
    >> Does anyone know what could be done to bypass this password and make
    >> it possible to just access the system? It boots up fine, all the way
    >> to the password dialog, of course, and that is it.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>

    >There are a lot of liveCDs (provided you can make the laptop boot from CD)
    >with tools as "chntpwd". Have a look for Hirens boot&root, ERD-Commander
    >and others.

    I may, if I ever have a problem like this again and what I have
    already done will not work next time. Thanks.

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 10, 2006