    Internet?
    Thank you!

    , Dec 30, 2007

  2. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi when I installa a software it ask me I need to get "NT SUR 4.0
    > Gold" v.1381. Can you tell me if is it possible to download it from
    > Internet?
    > Thank you!

    *******
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q233227

    "SYMPTOMS

    When you are installing Internet Explorer, you may receive the following
    error message:

    You must have NT SUR 4.0 Gold (version 1381) to install.
    Please click OK to cancel installation.

    CAUSE

    This error message can occur when you attempt to install a 32-bit
    version of Internet Explorer in Windows NT 3.51."
    *******

    It means there is a problem, but the solution is not to follow that
    instruction. Unfortunately, I cannot find a reference to the
    root cause of that error message. There could be a misalignment
    between the software being installed, and the current OS you are
    using (i.e. the software you install is really old).

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 30, 2007

  3. Guest

    I like to install an old Atlante Encarta. I like to install it because
    it has the Atlante in a CD only, it is very handy.
    In your opinion can I find that file?
    thanks

    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q233227
    >
    > "SYMPTOMS
    >
    > When you are installing Internet Explorer, you may receive the following
    > error message:
    >
    > You must have NT SUR 4.0 Gold (version 1381) to install.
    > Please click OK to cancel installation.
    >
    > CAUSE
    >
    > This error message can occur when you attempt to install a 32-bit
    > version of Internet Explorer in Windows NT 3.51."
    >*******
    >
    >It means there is a problem, but the solution is not to follow that
    >instruction. Unfortunately, I cannot find a reference to the
    >root cause of that error message. There could be a misalignment
    >between the software being installed, and the current OS you are
    >using (i.e. the software you install is really old).
    >
    > Paul

    , Dec 30, 2007
  4. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > I like to install an old Atlante Encarta. I like to install it because
    > it has the Atlante in a CD only, it is very handy.
    > In your opinion can I find that file?
    > thanks

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encarta

    "Unlike Microsoft Office, Encarta software only supports Microsoft
    Windows with Microsoft's Internet Explorer."

    The installer may be doing a check to see which version of Internet
    Explorer you have installed. The software may not be flexible enough
    to deal with the latest versions of Internet Explorer.

    "World Atlas

    The dynamic maps are generated with the same engine that powered
    Microsoft MapPoint software."

    It is hard for me to tell, whether just the Atlas portion could be
    installed by itself.

    In case you did not understand my first posting, installing
    "NT SUR 4.0 Gold" is *not* going to fix the problem. The problem
    is with some aspect of the OS or with version checking of the
    Internet Explorer program. The installer has detected that the
    basic requirements for its operation have not been met. The
    wording of the error message, could have been handled differently.
    So the error message by itself, is meaningless. It doesn't actually
    say what the real problem is.

    Find a computer running an older OS (an OS which was available when
    your version of Encarta was release), and then installing Encarta
    might work.

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 31, 2007