    Anyways, if anyone has thoughts, I'd appreciate it.
    --
    Kat MCNGP Wanna be

    kat, Feb 26, 2004

  2. I think that the remote access server you dialed-up to assigned your
    computer a new/different ip address, (becaused it joined a new network) that
    would explain vnc and drive connection loss because the machine became a
    different object.
    Troubleshoot: is the ip address for the computer the same before connecting
    and after?
    run > cmd > ipconfig. before and after & compare.
    well thats what i think.

    Roberto>madeinJamaica, Feb 27, 2004

  3. kat

    Marko Guest

    The answer referring to new IP is likely to be close to
    being correct.

    I have a number of servers that are similar in
    configuration, and when you dial the remote, other traffic
    is lost.

    It is fixed by changing the binding order for TCP/IP
    requests so that network cards appear first and this dial
    up connection is last. Also, whoever you are dialling up
    is configuring you to use their connection as a default
    gateway. You can turn this feature off in the dial up
    properties.

    Marko, Feb 28, 2004