"NT On-Access Scanner" error with McAfee VirusScan

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Joan Bennett, Apr 13, 2004.

  1. Joan Bennett

    Joan Bennett Guest

    Does anybody know a DEFINITIVE answer to the "NT On-Access Scanner"
    with McAfee VirusScan 8.

    Suddenly the hard drive goes wild with activity, the system slows to
    almost zero, and finally the error appears on screen. Close the error
    box and everything is fine (but I don't know if I am then protected)..

    I never had PCCillin installed, which is one of the explanations given
    on the web. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling VirusScan,
    editing the registry to remove reference to the On Access Scanner
    folder.

    Nothing works.

    One suggestion is to manually uninstall McCafee VirusScan, which is a
    day's task to judge by the instructions issued.

    There must be a better way to a definiti9ve solution.
    Joan Bennett, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Joan Bennett

    Boomer Guest

    Joan Bennett <> wrote in

    > Does anybody know a DEFINITIVE answer to the "NT On-Access
    > Scanner" with McAfee VirusScan 8.
    >
    > Suddenly the hard drive goes wild with activity, the system slows
    > to almost zero, and finally the error appears on screen. Close the
    > error box and everything is fine (but I don't know if I am then
    > protected)..
    >
    > I never had PCCillin installed, which is one of the explanations
    > given on the web. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling
    > VirusScan, editing the registry to remove reference to the On
    > Access Scanner folder.
    >
    > Nothing works.
    >
    > One suggestion is to manually uninstall McCafee VirusScan, which
    > is a day's task to judge by the instructions issued.
    >
    > There must be a better way to a definiti9ve solution.

    Hi

    First of all you are using a valid domain (nospam.com) in your address.
    Do you have permission to use that address? If not please use an
    invalid domain.

    Example: lid

    Verify that it is Not a valid domain here:
    http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

    Do you have any other AV software installed beside McAfee?
    Can you reinstall McAfee? Is it a trial version? Did this just start
    happening? Any other problems with your computer? Which OS? Can you

    Have you gone to either of the links below?
    McAfee Help Forum:
    http://forums.mcafeehelp.com

    McAfee e-mail tech support:
    http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/email.asp