    Any solutions please?

    Many thanks

    Eamonn, Peterborough, UK

    Eamonn Coffey, Jan 24, 2004

  2. Eamonn Coffey

    Trax Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:13:22 -0000, "Eamonn Coffey" <>
    wrote:

    |>Can anyone help?

    |>The message on screen says that the shut down has been initiated by the "NT
    |>Authority/System". It also states that the "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    |>service terminated unexpectedly".
    |>
    |>The whole system then gives me 1 minute and automatically re-boots.
    |>
    |>Any solutions please?

    :) I think so:
    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1831.html
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w

    Trax, Jan 24, 2004

  3. Eamonn Coffey

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Eamonn Coffey" <> wrote:

    >Can anyone help?
    >
    >I have a PC running XP, SP1 with Tiscali dial-up.
    >
    >On connecting to the Internet my connection lasts for about 1 minute before
    >the whole system shuts down and goes into re-boot mode.
    >
    >The message on screen says that the shut down has been initiated by the "NT
    >Authority/System". It also states that the "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    >service terminated unexpectedly".
    >
    >The whole system then gives me 1 minute and automatically re-boots.
    >
    >Any solutions please?
    >
    >Many thanks
    >
    >Eamonn, Peterborough, UK

    Your computer has been infected by the Blaster virus/worm.

    1. Get the Blaster removal script from MVP Kelly Theriot's web site:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/msblast.vbs
    2. Get the Microsoft patch from
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823980#WinXP

    If possible do the first two steps on an uninfected computer and copy
    the downloaded files to a 3.5 inch diskette (they will both fit on the
    same 1.44 mb diskette) or burn them to a CD

    3. Disconnect from the Internet. Unplug Cable/DSL modem if you have
    one. That prevents reinfection during the time interval between
    running the script and the completion of the patch installation.
    4. Run the script.
    5. Install the patch.
    6. Activate the Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP
    7. Reconnect to the Internet. Update your antivirus software and do
    a complete scan.
    8. Go to the Windows Update and get all repeat all of the critical
    updates for your computer.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --