    install it is not recognized.
    Any ideas how to make this work ?

    Ed

    Ed, Oct 30, 2007

  2. Ed

    meerkat Guest

    "Ed" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a old server someone gave me, I am trying to get it going with
    > new hd install.
    > Have cd roms. It doesnt have a ps2 for mouse, just a serial adpapter,
    > So I plugged a serial to ps2 adapter into it, And when I do the
    > install it is not recognized.
    > Any ideas how to make this work ?

    You need a serial mouse driver.

    meerkat, Oct 30, 2007

  3. Ed

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:10:15 -0700, Ed wrote:

    >I have a old server someone gave me, I am trying to get it going with
    >new hd install.
    >Have cd roms. It doesnt have a ps2 for mouse, just a serial adpapter,
    >So I plugged a serial to ps2 adapter into it, And when I do the
    >install it is not recognized.

    So it's a 'Serial - PS/2' mouse or 'PS/2' only mouse? An adapter will
    only convert the PS/2 connector to fit the serial port, it won't
    magically make a PS/2 mouse become a serial mouse.

    >Any ideas how to make this work ?

    Get a serial mouse, no problems.

    Me

    why?, Oct 30, 2007
  4. Ed

    Guest

    Ed <> wrote:

    >I have a old server someone gave me, I am trying to get it going with
    >new hd install.
    >Have cd roms. It doesnt have a ps2 for mouse, just a serial adpapter,
    >So I plugged a serial to ps2 adapter into it, And when I do the
    >install it is not recognized.
    >Any ideas how to make this work ?

    Go into your BIOS and disable USB support, let NT supply the support.

    --

    Whois May Be Scrapped to Break Deadlock
    http://www.physorg.com/news112893328.html

    , Oct 30, 2007
  5. Ed

    Guest

    , Oct 30, 2007
  6. Ed

    philo Guest

    "Ed" <> wrote in message
    > I have a old server someone gave me, I am trying to get it going with
    > new hd install.
    > Have cd roms. It doesnt have a ps2 for mouse, just a serial adpapter,
    > So I plugged a serial to ps2 adapter into it, And when I do the
    > install it is not recognized.
    > Any ideas how to make this work ?
    >

    > Ed

    You need to get an actual serial mouse.

    unless the ps/2 mouse was specifically designed to work with an adaptor it
    cannot work

    philo, Oct 30, 2007
  7. Ed

    nobody > Guest

    why? wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:10:15 -0700, Ed wrote:
    >
    >> I have a old server someone gave me, I am trying to get it going with
    >> new hd install.
    >> Have cd roms. It doesnt have a ps2 for mouse, just a serial adpapter,
    >> So I plugged a serial to ps2 adapter into it, And when I do the
    >> install it is not recognized.

    > So it's a 'Serial - PS/2' mouse or 'PS/2' only mouse? An adapter will
    > only convert the PS/2 connector to fit the serial port, it won't
    > magically make a PS/2 mouse become a serial mouse.

    Yep. Only PS/2 mice that came bundled from the factory with a serial
    adapter will work that way. It's a design issue. There are exceptions,
    some Microsoft PS/2 mice will work.

    nobody >, Oct 30, 2007