    4.0 domain contain the @ symbol. For example: dom@NT

    Not the computer name (not the name of the PDC or the BDC), but the domain
    itself. Can it have the @ symbol?

    Eric, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Eric

    Somchai U. Guest

    Check the KB Q188997 for valid characters in NetBIOS Name. These symbols are
    valid: ! @ # $ % ^ & ( ) - _ ' { } . ~ I think the NT Domain name is
    NetBIOS, this rule can be applied.

    However, I do not see any benefit for using @ inside domain name. Unless
    your system live and die with NT, you should use DNS compatible name
    (without dot).

    Somchai

    "Eric" <> wrote in message
    > Old school question regarding NT 4.0 domains. Can the domain name for an

    NT

    Somchai U., Jul 15, 2003

  3. Eric

    Frédéric Guest

    Domain name has to follow the netbios naming convention, so yes the domain
    name could be dom@nt

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;188997

    In theory though because personnally I would prefer to test it to make sure
    that it works, unfortunately I don't have an NT server with me right now.

    --
    Frédéric
    MCP, CIWA, i-Net+, A+

    Frédéric, Jul 16, 2003