    to Windows 2003 Enterprise servers?

    Thanks
    K.Whatley

    K.Whatley, Oct 20, 2003

  2. K.Whatley

    pulse Guest

    "K.Whatley":
    > Hi, I'm currently and have been for 2 years the
    > administrator of an NT 4.0 based network. My company wish
    > to upgrade to Windows 2003 Servers across the board
    > within the next year. I'm in a postion to study and learn
    > whats required to pass the Windows 2003 Server MCSE. How
    > useful will the MCSE be to me? Will I require other
    > training in order to migrate the current NT 4.0 servers
    > to Windows 2003 Enterprise servers?

    The things you learn as you prepare for the MCSE exams will be very useful
    when you upgrade. Depending on how big your network is and what kind of
    servers you have, you might not need to go all the way, though. Actually the
    server exam will probably do. Anything beyond that might help you - simplify
    and speed things up.

    I migrated our NT network (22 servers running everything imaginable) to 2000
    long before I upgraded my MCSE to 2000. Later I was able to tweak quite a
    few things but there was nothing terribly wrong.

    Hey, if the company will pay for the exams, go all the way..

    pulse, Oct 20, 2003

  3. K.Whatley

    Marty Guest

    As a bare minimum you should atleast read the material for 70-222 migrating
    a windows NT environment befoer you start the upgrade.

    Marty, Oct 20, 2003
  4. K.Whatley

    Consultant Guest

    You don't have a chance, you're too much like your old man. No McFly ever
    amounted to anything in the history of Hill Valley!

    Consultant, Oct 20, 2003
  5. Consultant wrote:
    > You don't have a chance, you're too much like your old man. No McFly
    > ever amounted to anything in the history of Hill Valley!

    Make like a tree and get out of here.

    --
    Fris "Your name is Calvin, right? I saw your name in your underwear." bee®
    MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Oct 20, 2003
  6. K.Whatley

    Consultant Guest

    Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I
    didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain.

    Consultant, Oct 20, 2003
  7. K.Whatley

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    When she was in high school, my mom thought I was hot.

    --

    KB

    Ken Briscoe, Oct 20, 2003
  8. K.Whatley

    MCSEuk Guest

    message
    >> You don't have a chance, you're too much like your old

    man. No McFly ever
    >> amounted to anything in the history of Hill Valley!
    >>

    >> "Marty" <> wrote in message
    >> > As a bare minimum you should atleast read the

    material for 70-222
    >> migrating
    >> > a windows NT environment befoer you start the

    upgrade.

    >> > "K.Whatley" <> wrote in message

    company wish

    and learn

    MCSE. How

    servers

    >> > thats about as funny as a spring door in a

    battleship!

    MCSEuk, Oct 29, 2003
  9. K.Whatley

    JaR Guest

    "MCSEuk" <> wrote in message

    > battleship!

    [1] learn how to snip
    [2] learn how to indent
    [3] ITYM 'screen door on a submarine'

    HTH, HAND,

    J.R. Jones
    MCNGP# ..........................................42

    JaR, Oct 29, 2003
  10. JaR wrote:
    > "MCSEuk" <> wrote in message

    >> battleship!
    >>>>

    > [1] learn how to snip
    > [2] learn how to indent
    > [3] ITYM 'screen door on a submarine'
    >
    > HTH, HAND,

    Easy as cake!

    Piece of pie!

    --
    Fris "Mmmmm cake" bee® MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Oct 29, 2003