    It is called nstmp and contains some recent messages up to the 10th January .

    Why was this created as I didn't do it ?

    Stuart

    Stuart, Jan 12, 2007

  2. Stuart

    Guest

    Stuart wrote:
    > I have just noticed that a folder has appeared in my Thunderbird .
    > It is called nstmp and contains some recent messages up to the 10th January .
    >
    > Why was this created as I didn't do it ?
    >
    > Stuart

    If the messages are copies, then can you delete the folder and
    messages?

    If you can't delete the folder, then close TB, and using your file
    manager, locate the TB profile and delete the nstmp files and nstmp.msf
    files.

    The nstmp is usually a glitch that happened somewhere.

    To locate the TB profile, you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate

    and if you're using windows you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    , Jan 12, 2007

  3. Stuart

    Guest

    On Jan 12, 6:27 pm, Stuart <> wrote:
    > I have just noticed that a folder has appeared in my Thunderbird .
    > It is called nstmp and contains some recent messages up to the 10th January .
    >
    > Why was this created as I didn't do it ?
    >
    > Stuart

    "Thunderbird creates a temporary file called "nstmp" when it's
    compacting a folder. If Thunderbird is interrupted during the
    compacting, it will abort, and the temporary file will not be deleted.
    If the problem occurs multiple times, you'll see numbered files
    (nstmp1, nstmp2, etc.). "

    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Nstmp_folders"

    , Jan 22, 2007