    FAT or NTFS. Has anyone done this? If so, any problems? Once you do
    the up-grade do you then reformat your drives?

    Thanks

    gene martinez, Feb 25, 2009

  2. (gene martinez) crashed Echelon writing

    > I have the Linksys NSLU2 with (2) 500 meg drives. Works great.
    > I was looking at up-grading the IOS so the drives could be formated as
    > FAT or NTFS. Has anyone done this? If so, any problems? Once you do
    > the up-grade do you then reformat your drives?

    The NSLU2 does not run on IOS.

    Changing fileformats will require a reformat, no matter the NAS or OS
    (Though for PC several programs are available which can convert the
    filesystem on harddrives).

    Read more on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSLU2

    --
    Bjarke Andersen

    Bjarke Andersen, Feb 26, 2009

  3. Bjarke Andersen <> wrote:

    > (gene martinez) crashed Echelon writing
    >
    >> I have the Linksys NSLU2 with (2) 500 meg drives. Works great.
    >> I was looking at up-grading the IOS so the drives could be formated as
    >> FAT or NTFS. Has anyone done this? If so, any problems? Once you do
    >> the up-grade do you then reformat your drives?

    >The NSLU2 does not run on IOS.

    Maybe I used the wrong word?? I have the up-date to the unit, what do
    you call it???

    gene martinez, Feb 26, 2009
  4. (gene martinez) crashed Echelon writing

    > Maybe I used the wrong word?? I have the up-date to the unit, what do
    > you call it???

    A firmware update.

    IOS = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisco_IOS

    --
    Bjarke Andersen

    Bjarke Andersen, Feb 27, 2009
  5. Bjarke Andersen <> wrote:

    > (gene martinez) crashed Echelon writing
    >
    >> Maybe I used the wrong word?? I have the up-date to the unit, what do
    >> you call it???

    >A firmware update.

    Have you done the update? If so any problems doing it?

    Thanks...

    gene martinez, Feb 28, 2009