    look elsewhere.

    GB

    , Dec 27, 2005

  2. Bratboy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When checking for the series Nowhere Man on DVD, I checked my usual
    > places for price comparison and Best Buy has it listed over the list
    > price from every other store. I have never seen this before anywhere.
    > Amazon.com has it listed at 49.99 list price and discounted to 34.99.
    > All other places have it list priced at 49.99 and selling for below
    > that price. Best Buy has it at 51.99. In other cases, I have found Best
    > Buy to normally be close to prices elsewhere, so I thought this was
    > strange and wanted to let anyone who is looking for this DVD know to
    > look elsewhere.
    >
    > GB

    I usually just use this site to find best prices
    http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/dvdhtml2 so far as a rule its worked
    great for me.

    Bratboy, Dec 27, 2005

  3. jayembee Guest

    "" <> wrote:

    > When checking for the series Nowhere Man on DVD, I checked my usual
    > places for price comparison and Best Buy has it listed over the list
    > price from every other store. I have never seen this before anywhere.
    > Amazon.com has it listed at 49.99 list price and discounted to 34.99.
    > All other places have it list priced at 49.99 and selling for below
    > that price. Best Buy has it at 51.99. In other cases, I have found Best
    > Buy to normally be close to prices elsewhere, so I thought this was
    > strange and wanted to let anyone who is looking for this DVD know to
    > look elsewhere.

    There seems to be some confusion about the MSRP on this set. In the
    listing for it at www.tvshowsondvd.com, the MSRP is given as $69.99.
    It's possible that Image initially gave this as the MSRP, and Best Buy
    put that in their database, and never updated it.

    This has happened before. When Image started releasing the current
    "Definitive Edition" TWILIGHT ZONE sets, the first season was MSRP'd
    at $119.99 because it included a copy of Marc Scott Zicree's book THE
    TWILIGHT ZONE COMPANION in it. The later sets were MSRP'd at
    $99.99, but the second season mistakenly got listed at the $119.99 price
    in Images original solicitation. Best Buy had marked down the set based
    on the higher price rather than the corrected price.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Dec 28, 2005