Now, what was that email addy again?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Aardvark, Jul 12, 2009.

  1. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    Yeah, I think I'll remember it now. Anyone else? repetition is a great aid
    to memory. Try it sometime.
    Aardvark, Jul 12, 2009

  2. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 14:39:28 -0400, Aardvark Sucubus Hunter wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:

    >> Yeah, I think I'll remember it now. Anyone else? repetition is a great
    >> aid to memory. Try it sometime.

    > What are you bitching about now?

    Nothing much, DUH-ane. Thanks for caring enough to reply.

    Love you.

    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Aardvark, Jul 12, 2009

  3. Aardvark

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Aardvark Post:

    > Yeah, I think I'll remember it now. Anyone else? repetition is a great aid
    > to memory. Try it sometime.

    That's the one I was looking for, Thanks <g>

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Jul 12, 2009
  4. Aardvark

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 18:38:25 GMT, Aardvark <>
    wrote:

    Unfortunately, spambots rarely (if ever) harvest from the body of
    usenet. Has to be in the headers. :)
    Evan Platt, Jul 12, 2009
  5. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:07:03 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 18:38:25 GMT, Aardvark <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > Unfortunately, spambots rarely (if ever) harvest from the body of
    > usenet. Has to be in the headers. :)

    I'm relieved to know that. I've just had a worrying thought, though. What
    happens if my post containing

    were to turn up on a web page somewhere. Like, say, Google Gropes or some
    such? I hope there's no such thing as a bot that harvests email addresses
    from web pages.

    That would be calamitous.
    Aardvark, Jul 12, 2009
  6. Aardvark

    Mike Easter Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > Aardvark wrote:
    >

    > Unfortunately, spambots rarely (if ever) harvest from the body of
    > usenet. Has to be in the headers. :)

    Singapore's addy already appears in the From in messages here and also on
    numerous websites but not his own. There's plenty of scrapability
    around.

    Putting it into message bodies here isn't going to change the
    spamability - presumably the intention was to (try to) offend/aggravate
    Singapore, as in "Nyah nyah nyah. I wish you wouldn't top post
    spammishly here, so I'm going to try to offend you."

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 12, 2009
  7. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:20:23 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > Singapore's addy already appears in the From in messages here

    It sure does.

    > and also
    > on numerous websites but not his own.

    Don't tell me you've looked.

    > There's plenty of scrapability
    > around.

    In that case I hope he gets spammed senseless. No, wait....

    > Putting it into message bodies here isn't going to change the
    > spamability -

    Shit!

    > presumably the intention was to (try to) offend/aggravate
    > Singapore, as in "Nyah nyah nyah. I wish you wouldn't top post
    > spammishly here, so I'm going to try to offend you."

    It could be interpreted that way, granted, but I actually did it out of
    devilment. I don't give a shit whether the spammer is offended or not.

    Odds are he'd more likely be pleased.
    Aardvark, Jul 12, 2009
  8. Aardvark

    Mike Easter Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > Mike Easter

    >> and also
    >> on numerous websites but not his own.

    > Don't tell me you've looked.

    (Not only at) His part of bootstrike, (but also) the rest of the site,
    and several maps of Singapore and some history and its current economic
    picture.

    My geography/orientation of SE Asia including the island nation needed
    some brushing up.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 12, 2009
  9. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 16:10:58 -0400, Aardvark Sucubus Hunter wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >>
    >> Love you.
    >>

    > No one loves you, and no one cares about you. That's why you're on
    > Usenet so much, with no life. Where is the gun? I have told you what to
    > do with the gun, end it end it now, put it to your head and pull the
    > trigger.

    I love it when you talk dirty to me, DUH-ane, my potty-mouthed little
    hobgoblin. Do it some more.

    The centre of your little universe.

    Aardvark.

    Aardvark, Jul 13, 2009
  10. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:06:27 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> Mike Easter

    >>> and also
    >>> on numerous websites but not his own.

    >> Don't tell me you've looked.

    > (Not only at) His part of bootstrike, (but also) the rest of the site,
    > and several maps of Singapore and some history and its current economic
    > picture.
    >
    > My geography/orientation of SE Asia including the island nation needed
    > some brushing up.

    The Molucca Strait is probably the most lucrative place in the world if
    you're a pirate (of the yo-ho-ho variety).
    Aardvark, Jul 15, 2009