Now that's dust...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by George Preddy, May 9, 2004.

    1. Advertising

  1. George Preddy

    Alfred Molon Guest

    George Preddy <> wrote:
    >http://www.pbase.com/image/24076451/original

    The compression ratio is too high (JPEG artifacts are visible - but what
    can you expect at 1:17 compression) and the image is soft.

    Actually it looks quite artificial and a bit unnatural (pastel colours).

    I'm not too impressed, also considering that the 1Ds is considered the
    top DSLR available at the moment.
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, May 9, 2004

  2. George Preddy

    Gener Guest

    Gener, May 10, 2004
  3. George Preddy

    jean Guest

    jean, May 10, 2004
  4. "jean" <look_for@my_email.org> wrote in message news:<HBBnc.15$>...
    > Didn't you say there were NO full size images from Canon cameras?
    >
    > "George Preddy" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > > http://www.pbase.com/image/24076451/original

    No "sharp" full sized images, yes.
    George Preddy, May 10, 2004
  5. Alfred Molon <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > George Preddy <> wrote:
    > >http://www.pbase.com/image/24076451/original

    > The compression ratio is too high (JPEG artifacts are visible - but what
    > can you expect at 1:17 compression) and the image is soft.
    >
    > Actually it looks quite artificial and a bit unnatural (pastel colours).
    >
    > I'm not too impressed, also considering that the 1Ds is considered the
    > top DSLR available at the moment.

    The 1Ds sensor is way old, even the 10D has better blurry pic quality
    per pixel, but the 10D's sensor count is awfully low.
    George Preddy, May 10, 2004
  6. George Preddy

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, May 10, 2004
  7. this old user, May 10, 2004
  8. "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote in message news:<oDOnc.30063$>...
    > MOre bullshit from the biggest bullshitter on the web.

    I certainly hope you don't call that blurry mess sharp, my God where
    are your standards??
    George Preddy, May 11, 2004
  9. George Preddy

    Steve Moody Guest

    In article <>, George
    Preddy <> wrote:

    > > "George Preddy" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > > > http://www.pbase.com/image/24076451/original

    > No "sharp" full sized images, yes.

    Do you ever injury yourself backpeddling?
    Steve Moody, May 12, 2004
  10. "this old user" <> wrote in message news:<_aTnc.10643$>...
    > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > http://www.pbase.com/image/24076451/original

    > Yes, I can see the dust on your sensor. How are you going to clean it?

    I clean mine with pec pads and eclipse for a perfect job every time.
    And with the Sigma's sealed sensor chamber, even with the lenses off,
    you hardly ever have to do it.
    George Preddy, May 14, 2004
  11. Gener <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Gorgeous picture George, after I increased the contrast some.
    > Gene www.photoprojects.net

    I always zoom in and count the eyelashes, if I can't, I hit delete.
    This image is too blurry to be a keeper.
    George Preddy, May 14, 2004

    > > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > > http://www.pbase.com/image/24076451/original

    > > Yes, I can see the dust on your sensor. How are you going to clean it?

    > I clean mine with pec pads and eclipse for a perfect job every time.
    > And with the Sigma's sealed sensor chamber, even with the lenses off,
    > you hardly ever have to do it.

    The canon is sealed, too. You don't actually clean the sensor.
    this old user, May 14, 2004