Now Samsung to enter the DSLR market

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Digital Photography Now, Oct 12, 2005.

  1. Digital Photography Now, Oct 12, 2005

  2. Digital Photography Now

    l e o Guest

    Digital Photography Now wrote:
    > They are teaming up with Pentax:
    >
    > http://dpnow.com/2196.html
    >
    > Ian
    >
    > Digital Photography Now
    > http://dpnow.com
    > Visit our discussion forum at http://dpnow.com/Forums.html

    I think John Taylor must be feeling being betrayed. Not only Sony & K-M
    are joinging forces, now Samsung & Pentax. I think we don't see the
    death of dSLR anytime soon. Now, who will join Olympus in the 4/3 format?

    l e o, Oct 12, 2005

  3. Digital Photography Now

    SMS Guest

    l e o wrote:
    > Digital Photography Now wrote:
    >
    >> They are teaming up with Pentax:
    >>
    >> http://dpnow.com/2196.html
    >>
    >> Ian
    >>
    >> Digital Photography Now
    >> http://dpnow.com
    >> Visit our discussion forum at http://dpnow.com/Forums.html

    > I think John Taylor must be feeling being betrayed. Not only Sony & K-M
    > are joinging forces, now Samsung & Pentax. I think we don't see the
    > death of dSLR anytime soon. Now, who will join Olympus in the 4/3 format?

    Panasonic and Olympus.

    "http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=12164"

    SMS, Oct 12, 2005
  4. Panasonic announced their intention to develop their own (Olympus-inspired)
    Four Thirds DSLR some time ago:

    http://dpnow.com/1446.html

    Panasonic has all but said they will have their DSLR to show at PMA next
    spring.

    And as I understand it they will be doing this without major help from.
    Olympus, whereas it looks like large parts of the Sony and Samsung efforts
    will be produced by their partners.

    Digital Photography Now, Oct 12, 2005