now mozilla has it all

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Evil Bastard Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Re: now mozilla has it all
    > http://mozillanews.org/?article=57a92d47336c371041a212e21f49ffa6
    > go visit, it's worth it.

    Wrong - Mozilla/Firefox doesn't yet have it all.

    It needs an extension which:
    - introduces hundreds of remote-root exploits
    - stores browsing history to secret sectors on hard disk
    - disables any firewall software running on the user's machine
    - supports javascript constructs to give up all cookie contents on
    demand, especially credit card details
    - ...

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Evil Bastard wrote:
    >> http://mozillanews.org/?article=57a92d47336c371041a212e21f49ffa6
    >> go visit, it's worth it.

    > Wrong - Mozilla/Firefox doesn't yet have it all.
    > It needs an extension which:
    > - introduces hundreds of remote-root exploits
    > - stores browsing history to secret sectors on hard disk
    > - disables any firewall software running on the user's machine
    > - supports javascript constructs to give up all cookie contents on
    > demand, especially credit card details
    > - ...

    ok, so it'll never be a IE, but it has all that Opera has now :)

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 17, 2004
  4. In article <eqdUc.14078$> in nz.comp on Tue, 17
    Aug 2004 13:44:41 +1200, Evil Bastard <> says...
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > > Re: now mozilla has it all
    > > http://mozillanews.org/?article=57a92d47336c371041a212e21f49ffa6
    > > go visit, it's worth it.

    > Wrong - Mozilla/Firefox doesn't yet have it all.
    >
    > It needs an extension which:
    > - introduces hundreds of remote-root exploits
    > - stores browsing history to secret sectors on hard disk

    IE doesn't do that.

    Patrick Dunford, Aug 17, 2004
  5. On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:44:41 +1200, Evil Bastard <> wrote:

    >Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > > Re: now mozilla has it all
    >> http://mozillanews.org/?article=57a92d47336c371041a212e21f49ffa6
    >> go visit, it's worth it.

    >Wrong - Mozilla/Firefox doesn't yet have it all.
    >
    >It needs an extension which:
    >- introduces hundreds of remote-root exploits
    >- stores browsing history to secret sectors on hard disk
    >- disables any firewall software running on the user's machine
    >- supports javascript constructs to give up all cookie contents on
    > demand, especially credit card details
    >- ...
    >

    >--
    >Cheers
    >EB

    If it did then you could do your XP Updates and go on the MS Knowledge base,
    but you can't.

    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 17, 2004
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Gordon Guest

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:44:41 +1200, Evil Bastard wrote:

    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > > Re: now mozilla has it all
    >> http://mozillanews.org/?article=57a92d47336c371041a212e21f49ffa6
    >> go visit, it's worth it.

    > Wrong - Mozilla/Firefox doesn't yet have it all.
    >
    > It needs an extension which:
    > - introduces hundreds of remote-root exploits
    > - stores browsing history to secret sectors on hard disk
    > - disables any firewall software running on the user's machine
    > - supports javascript constructs to give up all cookie contents on
    > demand, especially credit card details
    > - ...

    So I trust you are in the process of writing them?

    Remember folks Firefox works out of the download, but it also works the
    way you want it to after a wee bit of extending.

    Never thought much of plug ins, still I am a man, but the extensions of
    Firefox are worth the time to read thru. Download and install times are so
    short we need not consider them.

    Gordon, Aug 19, 2004