Now I REALLY don't trust Microsoft!!!!

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Charlie, Dec 1, 2003.

  1. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    Hey,

    I have a number of certs from M$ and make a buck off of them.
    I also consult and recommend biz solutions.

    It really bothered me that I couldn't find a truly independent benchmark of
    M$ product due their restrictive EULA so I have been very wary of
    really pushing M$ as a solution.

    I lost trust in @Stake's truthfulness and objectivity when they fired
    their CTO for giving his opinion on M$ and industry security.
    (see: AtStake CTO loses job after Microsoft report)
    http://www.forbes.com/technology/newswire/2003/09/25/rtr1092228.html

    Now I see that they have FIRED a guy for reporting that M$ uses
    G5's.

    I know that they had the security people do it, but that is CRAP.
    It's just a cover....

    I REALLY DO NOT TRUST THEM!

    http://www.michaelhanscom.com/eclecticism/2003/10/of_blogging_and.html

    I certainly am glad that I know more than M$ and they are not my
    main source of income and success.

    Be careful if all you know is M$.
    You may not be properly advising your customers.of the best solutions.

    You can argue the point all day but I believe what I see and what you do.
    Not what you say.

    Enjoy and take care of your customers FIRST!

    Charlie

    Charlie, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Charlie

    Guest Guest

    There are several government and private organizations (independent of
    Microsoft) who compile performance and security benchmarks of Microsoft and
    other vendor products. Here are just a few:

    http://www.tpc.org/tpcc/results/tpcc_perf_results.asp
    www.gsa.gov
    http://www.ciao.gov/
    http://www.cisecurity.org/
    http://www.sans.org/
    http://www.nist.gov/

    WKidd

    Guest, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    Hi WKidd,

    Did you ever read the EULA's
    You must agree NOT to publish any benchmarks without M$ approval.

    If they don't like it you can't say it....

    This is what I am referring to....

    Charlie

    Charlie, Dec 2, 2003
  4. Charlie

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >You must agree NOT to publish any benchmarks without M$ approval.
    >
    >If they don't like it you can't say it....

    Yep can't see 'em allowing bad (however true) propaganda into the
    public domain.

    Kline Sphere, Dec 2, 2003
  5. Charlie

    Guest Guest

    But there are benchmarks published for public review, so Microsoft must be
    cooperating.

    Guest, Dec 2, 2003
  6. What's with the "M$" logo, ¢harlie?

    There is no reason to do that. It was funny at one time but that was years
    ago. All successful companies are in business to make money.

    Just call them MS or Microsoft. It sustains credibility for you and your
    statements.

    > > > I certainly am glad that I know more than M$ and they are not my
    > > > main source of income and success.

    Wow.

    Davin Mickelson

    Davin Mickelson, Dec 2, 2003
  7. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    What's a matter?

    Does M$ hurt?

    Ahhhhhh, 8^) ;^) :^)

    Davin, I posted the relevant references as backup sources.

    The M$ moniker is just as relevant today as it was YEARS AGO given their
    current actions.

    ¢harlie

    Charlie, Dec 2, 2003
  8. Charlie

    Guest Guest

    All us MC$Ds are out to make a buck too.

    Guest, Dec 2, 2003
  9. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    Yes, honestly - I hope ..... and that's the difference.

    ¢harlie

    Charlie, Dec 2, 2003