Now chaps, no more Smoking here now..

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. Lets keep these news groups Clean..
    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Aspiringpsychopath

    XPD Guest

    "Aspiringpsychopath" <> wrote in message

    > Lets keep these news groups Clean..

    Aww, but my CPU likes the odd smoking session
    XPD, Dec 8, 2004

  3. Aspiringpsychopath

    xlo Guest

    Aspiringpsychopath wrote:

    > Lets keep these news groups Clean..

    The scientific study that shows the danger of second hand smoke via
    usenet will be about as objective as the study that showed the danger of
    second hand smoking...
    xlo, Dec 8, 2004
  4. Aspiringpsychopath

    Invisible Guest

    On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 19:37:04 +1300, "XPD" <> wrote:

    >"Aspiringpsychopath" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Lets keep these news groups Clean..
    >>

    >Aww, but my CPU likes the odd smoking session

    It must be AMD CRAP like mine.
    ;-)
    Invisible, Dec 8, 2004
  5. Aspiringpsychopath

    steve Guest

    steve, Dec 8, 2004
  6. Aspiringpsychopath

    Warwick Guest

    On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:42:44 +1300, xlo wrote:

    > Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >
    >> [2 quoted lines suppressed]

    > The scientific study that shows the danger of second hand smoke via
    > usenet will be about as objective as the study that showed the danger of
    > second hand smoking...

    I don't understand the attitude myself. If you don't like secondhand /
    passive smoking, try the firsthand / active variety of smoking. It is way
    way more satisfying.
    Warwick, Dec 8, 2004
  7. Aspiringpsychopath

    Snufkin Guest

    In article <>,
    Warwick <> wrote:

    > I don't understand the attitude myself. If you don't like secondhand /
    > passive smoking, try the firsthand / active variety of smoking. It is way
    > way more satisfying.

    Naaa! Hated the angst and rotten feeling I got whenever I hadn't had a
    fag for a while. That's the trouble with nicotine addition, it doesn't
    make you feel better, it just stops you feeling worse.

    Better to avoid it in the first place.

    --
    ......Snufkin
    Snufkin, Dec 8, 2004
  8. Aspiringpsychopath

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Warwick wrote:
    > On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:42:44 +1300, xlo wrote:
    >
    >> Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >>
    >>> [2 quoted lines suppressed]

    >> The scientific study that shows the danger of second hand smoke via
    >> usenet will be about as objective as the study that showed the
    >> danger of second hand smoking...

    > I don't understand the attitude myself. If you don't like secondhand /
    > passive smoking, try the firsthand / active variety of smoking. It is
    > way way more satisfying.

    Aww, c'mon man. I've been given up eight months now after smoking for over
    25 years. After the day I've had today your comment makes me want to head
    off to Foodtown and grab a pack, they're open 24/7 here.

    :)
    --
    ~misfit~ (Commited non-smoker, just still miss it now and then)
    ~misfit~, Dec 8, 2004
  9. Aspiringpsychopath

    Tarla Guest

    On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:42:44 +1300, xlo wrote:

    > Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >
    >> Lets keep these news groups Clean..
    >>

    > The scientific study that shows the danger of second hand smoke via
    > usenet will be about as objective as the study that showed the danger of
    > second hand smoking...

    You all should be feeling very relaxed...just...about...now.
    Tarla, Dec 8, 2004
  10. Aspiringpsychopath

    Tarla Guest

    On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:02:00 +1300, Snufkin wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Warwick <> wrote:
    >
    >> I don't understand the attitude myself. If you don't like secondhand /
    >> passive smoking, try the firsthand / active variety of smoking. It is way
    >> way more satisfying.

    > Naaa! Hated the angst and rotten feeling I got whenever I hadn't had a
    > fag for a while. That's the trouble with nicotine addition, it doesn't
    > make you feel better, it just stops you feeling worse.
    >
    > Better to avoid it in the first place.

    Ain't it the truth! Been wrestling the demon for the last ten days
    now...for the umpteenth time. At least with this new law, I won't be
    tempted in public places to bum a fag.
    Tarla, Dec 8, 2004
  11. Tarla wrote:
    > At least with this new law, I won't be
    > tempted in public places to bum a fag.

    eww...whoa... mind in the gutter.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 8, 2004
  12. Aspiringpsychopath

    geopelia Guest

    "Tarla" <"tarla(remove)"@inspire.net.nz> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:42:44 +1300, xlo wrote:
    >
    > > Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    > >
    > >> Lets keep these news groups Clean..
    > >>

    > > The scientific study that shows the danger of second hand smoke via
    > > usenet will be about as objective as the study that showed the danger of
    > > second hand smoking...

    > You all should be feeling very relaxed...just...about...now.

    If you chaps are smoking, where will the smoke come out of my computer?
    I can't drop ash on my keyboard, it might annoy my resident spider!
    Now, if cigarette smoke could smoke out all the spam......... Not to worry,
    xtra goes a great job with that.

    Seriously, I've never smoked, but I've been passive smoking for 75 years
    with no problems.

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Dec 8, 2004
  13. Aspiringpsychopath

    Asf Guest

    On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:54:11 +1300, "geopelia" <> wrote:

    >"Tarla" <"tarla(remove)"@inspire.net.nz> wrote in message

    >> > The scientific study that shows the danger of second hand smoke via
    >> > usenet will be about as objective as the study that showed the danger of
    >> > second hand smoking...

    >> You all should be feeling very relaxed...just...about...now.

    >If you chaps are smoking, where will the smoke come out of my computer?
    >I can't drop ash on my keyboard, it might annoy my resident spider!
    >Now, if cigarette smoke could smoke out all the spam......... Not to worry,
    >xtra goes a great job with that.
    >
    >Seriously, I've never smoked, but I've been passive smoking for 75 years
    >with no problems.

    On a related note, there's nothing worse than working on a nicotine drenched PC,
    **** do they reek. One stunk my workshop up so much I had to spay air freshener
    in the case.
    Asf, Dec 8, 2004
  14. Aspiringpsychopath

    Kent Smith Guest

    steve wrote:
    > Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >

    >> Lets keep these news groups Clean..

    > I might go the pub instead, now that I can breathe properly and my
    > clothes won't stink.

    Yes,
    I don't think this change has been properly thought through. Now all the
    wierdos will leave the newsgroups and go to the pub instead.

    -KENT
    Kent Smith, Dec 8, 2004
  15. Kent Smith wrote:
    >>>Lets keep these news groups Clean..

    >>I might go the pub instead, now that I can breathe properly and my
    >>clothes won't stink.

    > Yes,
    > I don't think this change has been properly thought through. Now all the
    > wierdos will leave the newsgroups and go to the pub instead.

    I thought we could go to the pubs and use wifi to connect to the NGs...
    oh well.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 8, 2004
  16. Aspiringpsychopath

    Warwick Guest

    On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:58:59 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Tarla wrote:
    >> [2 quoted lines suppressed]

    > eww...whoa... mind in the gutter.

    Ha ha ha :)

    You should post in nz.general more often mate.
    Warwick, Dec 9, 2004
  17. Aspiringpsychopath

    steve Guest

    Kent Smith wrote:

    > steve wrote:
    >> Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >>

    >>> Lets keep these news groups Clean..

    >> I might go the pub instead, now that I can breathe properly and my
    >> clothes won't stink.

    > Yes,
    > I don't think this change has been properly thought through. Now all the
    > wierdos will leave the newsgroups and go to the pub instead.
    >
    > -KENT

    Confession is good for your soul. Feel better?

    --
    Distributed Computing Projects:
    SETI at Home
    steve, Dec 9, 2004
  18. Aspiringpsychopath

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:14:57 +1300, Kent Smith wrote:

    > I don't think this change has been properly thought through. Now all the
    > wierdos will leave the newsgroups and go to the pub instead.

    Do I see some pigs at the end of the runway?
    Gordon, Dec 9, 2004
  19. Aspiringpsychopath

    Sue Bilstein Guest

    On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:14:57 +1300, "Kent Smith"
    <> wrote:
    >steve wrote:
    >> Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Lets keep these news groups Clean..

    >> I might go the pub instead, now that I can breathe properly and my
    >> clothes won't stink.

    >Yes,
    > I don't think this change has been properly thought through. Now all the
    >wierdos will leave the newsgroups and go to the pub instead.

    Whether this is a good or bad thing depends on whether you hang out
    more in the pub or on the NGs.
    Sue Bilstein, Dec 9, 2004
  20. On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 18:11:34 +1300, Warwick <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:58:59 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> Tarla wrote:
    >>> [2 quoted lines suppressed]

    >> eww...whoa... mind in the gutter.

    >Ha ha ha :)
    >
    >You should post in nz.general more often mate.

    And no more Sex..
    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 9, 2004