    Has anyone got a reply to 2nd tier request other then
    tell you how to find your PID and we let you know in
    two weeks
    The Fatbastard, May 24, 2005

  2. I wish I knew myself. It is now 4 weeks since the start of the Upgrade
    program, and still no answer from Tier2, and my PID/COA still aren't being
    accepted. (OEM PID). Wish an actual MS rep would let us know what's the hold
    up...

    Ravlen

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF2bGVu?=, May 24, 2005

  3. The Fatbastard

    Tocapet Guest

    Ordered mine yesterday and my COA got accepted. I received an email
    confirming it.

    Tocapet

    Let the flames begin (ducking behind my heat-shield)
    Tocapet, May 24, 2005
  4. The Fatbastard

    Rick Guest

    Tocapet wrote:
    > Ordered mine yesterday and my COA got accepted. I received an email
    > confirming it.
    >
    > Tocapet
    >
    > Let the flames begin (ducking behind my heat-shield)

    Thanks for the update, Tacopet. I just submitted my order using the COA
    and it went thru also. I must have tried at least 50 time previously.

    Rick
    Rick, May 24, 2005
  5. There's an issue with people who have "OEM" in their PID. You can check this
    on your PC. Right-click on "My Computer", click on properties and look for
    the Product ID. If you have OEM in there, neither your Product ID (PID) nor
    your COA will be accepted by the system.

    We've e-mailed Tier2 about it, but as of yet no one has heard back from them.

    The main issue that alot of us have, is that Microsoft isn't acknowledging
    that there even is an issue. They just say "e-mail tier2" and never accept
    that there might be a class of COA/PID's that aren't working.

    Ravlen

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF2bGVu?=, May 24, 2005
  6. It's simply not true that MS isn't acknowldeging there is an issue. There
    have been three regular MS representatives on this newsgroup every day. They
    have repeatedly acknowledged the issue, and stated repeatedly that it is
    being worked on. Some OEM PIDs works, some don't. Why has been difficult to
    track down, but the following statement from Joe Swart pretty much covers the
    issue:
    =================
    What I will say is I've personally been looking into this and it's being
    worked on.

    Why you're specific OEM PID is not working varies from user to user. I've
    seen post from users that indicate OEM PID's have worked and I've tested the
    site myself with an OEM PID and it worked. (And no I didn't indicate that I
    was an employee nor did I test it from work)

    Are we looking into this: Yes absolutely!

    Can I tell you that your PID will eventually work, No I can't

    In short we're working on it.

    ==================

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 24, 2005
  7. Will I can not say I did not get a reply. I can say that the two that I have
    received are just stupid. In my last email I sent them the PID number and
    their reply was to tell how to find the PID. That the part that upsets me
    the most. if the PID is their.

    The Fatbastard, May 24, 2005
  8. Maybe your PID and COA do not comply with the time frame for the exchange
    program.
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 24, 2005
  9. More questions regarding the PID

    "Andre Da Costa" wrote:

    > Maybe your PID and COA do not comply with the time frame for the exchange
    > program.
    > --

    How is the time frame linked to the PID?

    Further...the site only states that the system to have been built or
    purchased during a specied time frame. It says nothing with regard to the OS.
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFj?=, May 25, 2005