    Ad Aware
    Spybot
    Defreg

    ANovice, Mar 25, 2007

  2. ANovice

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: "ANovice"
    <> wrote:

    > Next, page opens with message that program can not restoree to the
    > date that I had set a couple of days ago.

    I've seen suggestions to do the restore in safe mode; never tried it
    myself, but it couldn't hurt, could it?

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Mar 25, 2007

  3. ANovice

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "ANovice" <> wrote in message
    > Have Dell 2400...about 3 years old that will not Restore to anydate.
    >
    > I set the Restore option and gave it a name. Waited a couple of days and
    > then tried to Restore to that date.
    > Program went thru it paces...Restore bar starts to move slowly and then
    > the bar jumps to end of bar space.
    >
    > Next, page opens with message that program can not restoree to the date
    > that I had set a couple of days ago.
    >
    > Computer has slowed down in past weeks.
    > Have run:
    > Norton
    > MS Defender
    > Ad Aware
    > Spybot
    > Defreg

    Totally disable System Restore, then reboot, and turn it back on. Now test
    it.

    WhzzKdd, Mar 25, 2007
  4. ANovice

    John Holmes Guest

    Bert Hyman "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > never tried it myself,

    Then shut the **** up if you don't know what you're talking about, you
    worthless bowelful of septic compost.

    --
    Your mother was a surly artist who copulated with anyone and anything in
    septic tanks.

    John Holmes, Mar 25, 2007
  5. ANovice

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: John Holmes
    <> wrote:

    > Then

    Hey! That's funny!

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Mar 25, 2007
  6. ANovice

    jim Guest

    "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > Bert Hyman "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> never tried it myself,

    > Then shut the **** up if you don't know what you're talking about, you
    > worthless bowelful of septic compost.
    >
    > --
    > Your mother was a surly artist who copulated with anyone and anything in
    > septic tanks.

    Bert Hyman said, " but it couldn't hurt, could it?"

    better suggestion than you gave.

    jim, Mar 25, 2007
  7. ANovice

    ANovice Guest

    Thanks: Novice needs help

    My thanks to all who tried to help

    ANovice, Mar 26, 2007
  8. ANovice

    Ron Martell Guest

    "ANovice" <> wrote:

    >Have Dell 2400...about 3 years old that will not Restore to anydate.
    >
    >I set the Restore option and gave it a name. Waited a couple of days and
    >then tried to Restore to that date.
    >Program went thru it paces...Restore bar starts to move slowly and then the
    >bar jumps to end of bar space.
    >
    >Next, page opens with message that program can not restoree to the date that
    >I had set a couple of days ago.
    >
    >Computer has slowed down in past weeks.
    >Have run:
    >Norton
    >MS Defender
    >Ad Aware
    >Spybot
    >Defreg

    See MVP Bert Kinney's System Restore pages:
    http://bertk.mvps.org/index.html

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2008)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    has never been in bed with a mosquito."

    Ron Martell, Mar 26, 2007
  9. ANovice

    Frosty Guest

    On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:58:01 -0500 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    "ANovice" <>, intended to write something
    intelligible, but instead wrote :

    >Have Dell 2400...about 3 years old that will not Restore to anydate.
    >
    >I set the Restore option and gave it a name. Waited a couple of days and
    >then tried to Restore to that date.
    >Program went thru it paces...Restore bar starts to move slowly and then the
    >bar jumps to end of bar space.
    >
    >Next, page opens with message that program can not restoree to the date that
    >I had set a couple of days ago.
    >
    >Computer has slowed down in past weeks.
    >Have run:
    >Norton
    >MS Defender
    >Ad Aware
    >Spybot
    >Defreg

    Have you checked its peen?

    Frosty, Mar 27, 2007
  10. ANovice

    Supersano Guest

    On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:26:44 GMT, Ron Martell wrote:

    > "ANovice" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Have Dell 2400...about 3 years old that will not Restore to anydate.
    >>
    >>I set the Restore option and gave it a name. Waited a couple of days and
    >>then tried to Restore to that date.
    >>Program went thru it paces...Restore bar starts to move slowly and then the
    >>bar jumps to end of bar space.
    >>
    >>Next, page opens with message that program can not restoree to the date that
    >>I had set a couple of days ago.
    >>
    >>Computer has slowed down in past weeks.
    >>Have run:
    >>Norton
    >>MS Defender
    >>Ad Aware
    >>Spybot
    >>Defreg
    >>

    > See MVP Bert Kinney's System Restore pages:
    > http://bertk.mvps.org/index.html
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

    Thanks Ron. I'm always looking for stuff to archive. ;>

    Supersano, Apr 1, 2007