Novice needs advice in software purchase

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Miles, May 11, 2005.

  1. Miles

    Miles Guest

    I have edited my DV using Microsoft Movie Maker.
    The format can be either wmv or avi. Which should
    I choose?

    Now evidently I need to go out and buy a special
    program to burn DVDs even though I have Nero 6
    on my recently purchased computer.

    Is there a single program that will do the whole job?

    That is 1) retrieve DV from camera, 2) simple editing
    such as cutting and exposure adjustment, 3) converting
    to mpg if that is what I'm supposed to do, and 4) burn
    a DVD?

    I am looking for the best simple solution.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Dick

    Miles, May 11, 2005

  2. Miles

    Large Farva Guest

    I don't think I'd want one program to do it all. Get multiple specialized
    apps that can do it right
    .. For instance, WinDVR for capturing, Tmpg DVD Author for authoring, Nero
    for burning.

    Large Farva, May 12, 2005