Novell Responds to Get The Fud

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris Hope, Nov 5, 2004.

  1. Chris Hope

    Chris Hope Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Chris Hope

    Peter Guest

    1. Advertising

  3. Chris Hope

    Mr Scebe Guest

    "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    Novell? I remember the name from somewhere.................... oh that's
    right. They're the company that had a big share of the server market, up
    until the mid-90's, but sat on their laurels while the rest of the world
    moved on.

    Perhaps they're just trying to remind anyone that will listen that they
    still exist.

    --
    Mr Scebe
    ~Sean Connery in "The Rock"
    Mr Scebe, Nov 5, 2004
  4. Chris Hope

    Chris Hope Guest

    Mr Scebe wrote:

    > "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Novell? I remember the name from somewhere.................... oh that's
    > right. They're the company that had a big share of the server market, up
    > until the mid-90's, but sat on their laurels while the rest of the world
    > moved on.
    >
    > Perhaps they're just trying to remind anyone that will listen that they
    > still exist.

    They're now (more or less) owned by IBM and own SUSE.

    Chris Hope, Nov 5, 2004
  5. Mr Scebe wrote:
    > Novell? I remember the name from somewhere.................... oh that's
    > right. They're the company that had a big share of the server market, up
    > until the mid-90's, but sat on their laurels while the rest of the world
    > moved on.

    heh, nasty.

    --
    Dave Hall