Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Yogi, Jul 21, 2005.

  1. Yogi

    Yogi Guest

    I have recently upgraded from windows 2000 to xp sp2.

    Before the upgrade I uninstalled the client.

    Now after I install the client, the keyboard and mouse freeze when I
    hit anything on the keyboard, but the mouse works if I don't hit
    anything on the keyboard.

    The system was working fine under 2000.

    Its a duron 900, 128mb ram and 20gb hdd.

    Help

    Yogi

    Yogi, Jul 21, 2005

  2. Yogi

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Yogi" <> wrote in message
    >I have recently upgraded from windows 2000 to xp sp2.
    >

    > Before the upgrade I uninstalled the client.
    >

    > Now after I install the client, the keyboard and mouse freeze when I
    > hit anything on the keyboard, but the mouse works if I don't hit
    > anything on the keyboard.
    >

    > The system was working fine under 2000.
    >

    > Its a duron 900, 128mb ram and 20gb hdd.

    To start with, you don't have near enough memory to run XP with a Novell
    client installed, and barely enough processor speed. I won't run anything
    less than 1400MHz and 256mb RAM on my workstations at the office. As for
    unistalling the client before upgrading, why? And finally, there *IS* no
    Novell Client 4.92. The current version is 4.91. I believe you are talking
    about 4.90 with SP2. If so, download the latest client from
    http://download.novell.com and try that.

    FWIW, I never do upgrades. I'd rather backup my data (network has tape, or
    network home folder, or PC has CD writer, etc.), erase the hard drive, and
    do a clean install. That way there are no conflicts caused by 1) problems
    with the original OS, 2) incompatibilities with the existing software.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 22, 2005