    please see it for what it is, and don't think they are representative
    of the views of the majority of posters in this newsgroup.

    They have both been discredited on numerous occassions long ago.
    Fred Dagg, Jun 29, 2007

  2. Fred Dagg

    peterwn Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > Just a note to non-regular readers (regulars are well aware of this).
    >
    > Please don't take anything these two posters (Lawrence D'Oliveiro and
    > peterwn) have to say very seriously. It is an open and public forum,
    > so they have the right to post their lies, FUD and bullshit, but
    > please see it for what it is, and don't think they are representative
    > of the views of the majority of posters in this newsgroup.
    >
    > They have both been discredited on numerous occassions long ago.

    Unlike 'Fred Dagg', Lawrence and I post using *real* E-mail addresses.

    Go figure.
    peterwn, Jun 29, 2007

  3. Fred Dagg

    Peter Guest

    Re: Notice to non-regular readers, re: Fred Dagg

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > Just a note to non-regular readers (regulars are well aware of this).
    > Please don't take anything these two posters (Lawrence D'Oliveiro and
    > peterwn) have to say very seriously.

    Based on this post, one could conclude that the poster who is most prone to
    unsubstantiated, vituperative, flamebait posts is "Fred Dagg".

    Peter
    Peter, Jun 29, 2007
  4. Fred Dagg

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 07:22:21 +1200, peterwn <>
    exclaimed:

    >Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> Just a note to non-regular readers (regulars are well aware of this).
    >>
    >> Please don't take anything these two posters (Lawrence D'Oliveiro and
    >> peterwn) have to say very seriously. It is an open and public forum,
    >> so they have the right to post their lies, FUD and bullshit, but
    >> please see it for what it is, and don't think they are representative
    >> of the views of the majority of posters in this newsgroup.
    >>
    >> They have both been discredited on numerous occassions long ago.

    >Unlike 'Fred Dagg', Lawrence and I post using *real* E-mail addresses.
    >
    >Go figure.

    So I guess you like Spam, too.

    Go figure.
    Fred Dagg, Jun 30, 2007
  5. Fred Dagg

    Fred Dagg Guest

    Re: Notice to non-regular readers, re: Fred Dagg

    On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 09:28:35 +1200, Peter <>
    exclaimed:

    >Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> Just a note to non-regular readers (regulars are well aware of this).
    >> Please don't take anything these two posters (Lawrence D'Oliveiro and
    >> peterwn) have to say very seriously.

    >Based on this post, one could conclude that the poster who is most prone to
    >unsubstantiated, vituperative, flamebait posts is "Fred Dagg".

    Fact is, those two posters are engaging in an organised and
    coordinated campaign of lies and deceit. Those that pop in
    occasionally need to be able to see it for what it is.
    Fred Dagg, Jun 30, 2007
  6. Fred Dagg

    Shane Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> Just a note to non-regular readers (regulars are well aware of this).
    >> Please don't take anything these two posters (Lawrence D'Oliveiro and
    >> peterwn) have to say very seriously.

    > Based on this post, one could conclude that the poster who is most prone
    > to unsubstantiated, vituperative, flamebait posts is "Fred Dagg".
    >

    > Peter

    And that would be an accurate conclusion to draw. Especially given Lawrence
    and Peter are prepared to affix their real names to their opinions.

    --
    Q: What did the constipated mathematician do?
    A: He worked it out with a pencil!
    Shane, Jun 30, 2007
  7. Re: Notice to non-regular readers, re: Fred Dagg

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Fact is, those two posters are engaging in an organised and
    > coordinated campaign of lies and deceit. Those that pop in
    > occasionally need to be able to see it for what it is.

    Fact? That's in the eye of the beholder. Granted, Lawrence's unrestrained
    advocacy gets to be a bit much at times.

    But what are YOU doing here, if not trawling for flames?

    "Lies and deceit", my foot. Particularly coming from a MS fanboah and shill who
    swallows every bit of BS and every lie issued by MS whole, by all appearances.
    Does that make you the expert?

    Have a nice weekend. -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jun 30, 2007
  8. Fred Dagg wrote:
    > Just a note to non-regular readers (regulars are well aware of this).
    >
    > Please don't take anything these two posters (Lawrence D'Oliveiro and
    > peterwn) have to say very seriously. It is an open and public forum,
    > so they have the right to post their lies, FUD and bullshit, but
    > please see it for what it is, and don't think they are representative
    > of the views of the majority of posters in this newsgroup.
    >
    > They have both been discredited on numerous occassions long ago.

    And that from Doctorate in Literature.

    Classic.
    Mark Robinson, Jun 30, 2007
  9. Fred Dagg

    Mike Dee Guest

    Re: Notice to non-regular readers, re: Fred Dagg

    Peter Huebner <> wrote in

    > Fact? That's in the eye of the beholder. Granted, Lawrence's
    > unrestrained advocacy gets to be a bit much at times.

    So far so good, but still a gross understatement.

    > But what are YOU doing here, if not trawling for flames?

    No more so than who he's singling out.

    [eek too shilly for me too, so it's snipped]

    > Have a nice weekend. -P.

    Take it to the advocacy groups (followup-to set).

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, Jun 30, 2007
  10. Fred Dagg

    peterwn Guest

    Mike Dee wrote:
    > Peter Huebner <> wrote in
    >
    >> Fact? That's in the eye of the beholder. Granted, Lawrence's
    >> unrestrained advocacy gets to be a bit much at times.

    > So far so good, but still a gross understatement.
    >> But what are YOU doing here, if not trawling for flames?

    > No more so than who he's singling out.
    >
    > [eek too shilly for me too, so it's snipped]
    >> Have a nice weekend. -P.

    > Take it to the advocacy groups (followup-to set).

    ie manipulated message so follow-up goes to comp.os.linux.advocacy only.

    Even if Mike is not a M$ shill (he rarely posts in nz.comp) he needs to
    realise that nz.comp is not a Microsoft propaganda channel.
    peterwn, Jun 30, 2007
  11. Fred Dagg

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> Just a note to non-regular readers (regulars are well aware of this).
    >> Please don't take anything these two posters (Lawrence D'Oliveiro and
    >> peterwn) have to say very seriously.

    > Based on this post, one could conclude that the poster who is most prone
    > unsubstantiated, vituperative, flamebait posts is "Fred Dagg".
    >

    > Peter

    You are obviously new here.
    If you're not happy with your computer and and OS you can always join the
    other idiots complaining non stop about what most people on the planet have
    chosen to use just to make up for their own continual frustrating
    disappointments because they're unable to do much else on their very
    restrictive PCs.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jun 30, 2007
  12. Fred Dagg

    Mike Dee Guest

    Re: Notice to non-regular readers, re: Fred Dagg

    peterwn <> wrote in

    > Even if Mike is not a M$ shill (he rarely posts in nz.comp) he
    > needs to realise that nz.comp is not a Microsoft propaganda
    > channel.

    The same should be said for any posters preferred platform. I was under
    the impression that this was nz.comp , not nz.comp.linux, nz.comp.MS,
    nz.comp.mac etc etc. For general computing posts IOW.

    I get pissed off with zealots of any camp. Perhaps you could raise your
    scope of what this NG is used for too.

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, Jul 1, 2007
  13. Hi there,

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > Just a note to non-regular readers (regulars are well aware of this).
    >
    > Please don't take anything these two posters (Lawrence D'Oliveiro and
    > peterwn) have to say very seriously. It is an open and public forum,
    > so they have the right to post their lies, FUD and bullshit, but
    > please see it for what it is, and don't think they are representative
    > of the views of the majority of posters in this newsgroup.
    >
    > They have both been discredited on numerous occassions long ago.

    I don't recall there being some vote to appoint you as group
    moderator/spokesperson.

    How about I judge their posts for myself, and also yours...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.
    "Maybe politicians should ask the people whether
    or not they wanted all these wars"...
    Chris Wilkinson, Jul 1, 2007
  14. Re: Notice to non-regular readers, re: Fred Dagg

    Hi there,

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "Peter" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Fred Dagg wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just a note to non-regular readers (regulars are well aware of this).
    >>>Please don't take anything these two posters (Lawrence D'Oliveiro and
    >>>peterwn) have to say very seriously.

    >>Based on this post, one could conclude that the poster who is most prone
    >>unsubstantiated, vituperative, flamebait posts is "Fred Dagg".

    > You are obviously new here.
    > If you're not happy with your computer and and OS you can always join the
    > other idiots complaining non stop about what most people on the planet have
    > chosen to use just to make up for their own continual frustrating
    > disappointments because they're unable to do much else on their very
    > restrictive PCs.

    Careful, the last time you harped on about Linux machines not being
    capable of shit I proved you to be horribly wrong, and/or dishonest.

    Anything else in particular you'd like me to disprove?

    Chris Wilkinson, Jul 1, 2007
  15. Fred Dagg

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 20:02:13 +1000, Chris Wilkinson
    <> exclaimed:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> Just a note to non-regular readers (regulars are well aware of this).
    >>
    >> Please don't take anything these two posters (Lawrence D'Oliveiro and
    >> peterwn) have to say very seriously. It is an open and public forum,
    >> so they have the right to post their lies, FUD and bullshit, but
    >> please see it for what it is, and don't think they are representative
    >> of the views of the majority of posters in this newsgroup.
    >>
    >> They have both been discredited on numerous occassions long ago.

    >I don't recall there being some vote to appoint you as group
    >moderator/spokesperson.

    You must have missed it.

    >How about I judge their posts for myself, and also yours...

    Sure!
    Fred Dagg, Jul 1, 2007
  16. Hi there,

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 20:02:13 +1000, Chris Wilkinson
    > <> exclaimed:
    >

    >>Hi there,
    >>
    >>Fred Dagg wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just a note to non-regular readers (regulars are well aware of this).
    >>>
    >>>Please don't take anything these two posters (Lawrence D'Oliveiro and
    >>>peterwn) have to say very seriously. It is an open and public forum,
    >>>so they have the right to post their lies, FUD and bullshit, but
    >>>please see it for what it is, and don't think they are representative
    >>>of the views of the majority of posters in this newsgroup.
    >>>
    >>>They have both been discredited on numerous occassions long ago.

    >>I don't recall there being some vote to appoint you as group
    >>moderator/spokesperson.

    > You must have missed it.
    >
    >>How about I judge their posts for myself, and also yours...

    > Sure!

    Anyway, I would be surprised if there was anyone new to read this
    NG...its all old names (and their owners), or old nym-shifters... :)

    Chris Wilkinson, Jul 1, 2007
  17. Fred Dagg

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Re: Notice to non-regular readers, re: Fred Dagg

    "Chris Wilkinson" <> wrote in
    message news:46877e2c$...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    >> "Peter" <> wrote in message

    >>>Based on this post, one could conclude that the poster who is most prone
    >>>unsubstantiated, vituperative, flamebait posts is "Fred Dagg".

    >> You are obviously new here.
    >> If you're not happy with your computer and and OS you can always join the
    >> other idiots complaining non stop about what most people on the planet
    >> have chosen to use just to make up for their own continual frustrating
    >> disappointments because they're unable to do much else on their very
    >> restrictive PCs.

    > Careful, the last time you harped on about Linux machines not being
    > capable of shit I proved you to be horribly wrong, and/or dishonest.

    Bullshit.
    I'll choose dozens of PC software in any PC store and not one of them will
    run on Linux, and in fact won't even mention on the box anything about
    running on Linux.

    Worse still many hardware CDs are either Windows or Apple. Linux is hardly
    even recognised by the huge PC hardware industry.

    The Windows user has real freedom compared to the poor twisted and bitter
    Linux user you can't do anything else but grizzle about Windows day in and
    day out.

    Just why the Hell should you and other Linux users care about Windows so
    damn much if you're 100% happy with what you're got.

    And when comes down to PC verses PC lets start matching real up to date
    hardware power instead of 10 year old PC piles of crap that just happen to
    be running Linux at a slow pace and with bugger all RAM and next to nothing
    video card.

    So **** your OS verses OS nonsense, even though you don't need much of PC to
    sit at grizzling all day on.

    The simple fact is most users don't mind Linux at all, even though we choose
    not to be limited by it. You on the other hand with a few others are
    seriously troubled that every PC owner in the world isn't using exactly the
    same setup that you are hardly even using yourself because you spend most of
    your time grizzling instead.

    You mate Lawrence D'Bullshit is mentally disturbed and even if he was using
    nothing but Windows it wouldn't make the idiot 1 bit better. He'd still be
    the same mentally disturbed idiot that he is now. Your support for the fool
    is a joke, and doesn't say much for you either. If I used Linux I'd still
    be saying exactly the same about the mentally disturbed fool. Linux users
    don't need him one bit, it's only fools like you that are silly enough to
    fully support the idiot.

    L D'Bullshit doesn't have to keep posting about how fucked he is, most sane
    people already know it from several years back.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 1, 2007
  18. Re: Notice to non-regular readers, re: Fred Dagg

    On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 23:42:09 +1200, E. Scrooge wrote:

    >> Careful, the last time you harped on about Linux machines not being
    >> capable of shit I proved you to be horribly wrong, and/or dishonest.

    > Bullshit.
    > I'll choose dozens of PC software in any PC store and not one of them will
    > run on Linux, and in fact won't even mention on the box anything about
    > running on Linux.

    Perhaps that is something to do with the fact that those Windows
    applications were compiled to run on... ta duh... M$ Windows.

    If those Windows applications had been compiled to run on MacOS or on
    Linux, or on AIX then they would run on those systems as well.

    You are only bitching about the fact that the developers of those
    applications did not compile them to run on Linux - and then you blame the
    developers of Linux for the inability of Windows applications to run on
    Linux.

    Moreover, you inanely pretend that those Windows applications should run on
    Linux.

    Well, maybe if they were *Java* applications then they would be able to run
    on multiple systems!

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    bath and a short dress to get into."
    Jonathan Walker, Jul 1, 2007
  19. Fred Dagg

    Mickey Mouse Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 20:57:15 +1000, Chris Wilkinson wrote:

    > Anyway, I would be surprised if there was anyone new to read this
    > NG...its all old names (and their owners), or old nym-shifters... :)

    Where's Woger Wabbit??
    Mickey Mouse, Jul 1, 2007
  20. Fred Dagg

    Fred Dagg Guest

    Re: Notice to non-regular readers, re: Fred Dagg

    On 1 Jul 2007 23:51:55 +1200, Jonathan Walker <>
    exclaimed:

    >You are only bitching about the fact that the developers of those
    >applications did not compile them to run on Linux - and then you blame the
    >developers of Linux for the inability of Windows applications to run on
    >Linux.

    Huh??

    >Well, maybe if they were *Java* applications then they would be able to run
    >on multiple systems!

    LOL!!! Yeeeah......

    Java: Runs like shit on anything!!
    Fred Dagg, Jul 1, 2007