    richard Guest

    Apollo 11 landed on the moon and Neil Armstrong became the first human
    to set foot on it.

    richard, Jul 20, 2009

  2. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:58:07 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Apollo 11 landed on the moon and Neil Armstrong became the first human
    >to set foot on it.

    I figured you'd be more proud of the anniversary of the launch of
    monkeys into space...

    Evan Platt, Jul 20, 2009

  3. R. Giskard Reventlov, Jul 20, 2009
  4. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:25:08 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Jealous because the monkeys got the nod and you didn't?

    Yes. I'm jealous that I wasn't picked for a program that occurred
    before I was born.

    What's your excuse? They take one look at you and realize they'd have
    better luck with monkeys?

    Evan Platt, Jul 20, 2009
  5. richard

    Justin Guest

    richard wrote:
    > Apollo 11 landed on the moon and Neil Armstrong became the first human
    > to set foot on it.

    Sometimes I wish I were around during that time.
    But if I were my age now, back in 1969 I would have been drafted into
    Vietnam.
    However I would have evaded said draft so maybe it wouldn't have been so
    bad.

    Justin, Jul 20, 2009
  6. richard

    NotMe Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    : richard wrote:
    : > Apollo 11 landed on the moon and Neil Armstrong became the first human
    : > to set foot on it.
    : >
    :
    : Sometimes I wish I were around during that time.
    : But if I were my age now, back in 1969 I would have been drafted into
    : Vietnam.
    : However I would have evaded said draft so maybe it wouldn't have been so
    : bad.

    True and you might have been POTUS

    NotMe, Jul 20, 2009
  7. richard

    Guest

    "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote:

    >"richard" <> wrote in message
    >> Apollo 11 landed on the moon and Neil Armstrong became the first human
    >> to set foot on it.
    >>

    >And here is Apollo 11 40 years on!
    >
    >http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/apollosites.html
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/ll294g
    >
    >Well the descent stage at least!

    Gotta wonder how the "Moon landings were faked" people are taking
    this. Then it hit me, those were Photochopped :)

    Thanks for the photos, I did look a the larger versions and god they
    are hard to spot the descent stage; and the foot prints, I'll take
    their word for those.

    Heck I was looking for a moon rover (one each for Apollo missions 15,
    16, and 17) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_rover - large monitor
    and me with a magnifying glass. :) knowing that they had to be close
    to the lander but nada.
    --

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RodneyDangerfieldGravestoneJuly2007.jpg

    , Jul 21, 2009
  8. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:55:08 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Evan, unless you have proof, which you can not have, then kindly shut
    >the **** up. I'm not going to keep repeating the facts.

    You've never stated the facts, so how could you repeat them?

    >As you have your mind made up on your own set of facts.

    Sounds like you.

    Evan Platt, Jul 21, 2009
  9. richard, ye lice-infested dull earth, thou Banbury cheese, ye bickered:

    > On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:52:38 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >> "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "richard" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> And here is Apollo 11 40 years on!
    >>>
    >>> http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/apollosites.html
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/ll294g
    >>>
    >>> Well the descent stage at least!

    >> Gotta wonder how the "Moon landings were faked" people are taking
    >> this. Then it hit me, those were Photochopped :)
    >>
    >> Thanks for the photos, I did look a the larger versions and god they
    >> are hard to spot the descent stage; and the foot prints, I'll take
    >> their word for those.
    >>
    >> Heck I was looking for a moon rover (one each for Apollo missions 15,
    >> 16, and 17) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_rover - large monitor
    >> and me with a magnifying glass. :) knowing that they had to be close
    >> to the lander but nada.

    > Know the tv show "myhtbusters"? They got the same results on a mock up
    > scale model in their shop as the original moon landing and proved foot
    > prints could be left in a vacuum.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

    They used a man-made facsimile of moonrock, called regolith, in a NASA
    vacuum chamber, Bullistard. Mythbuster's definitive proof was firing a laser
    at the Apollo 15 landing site and getting a reply.

    Hu Flung Dung, Jul 22, 2009
  10. richard, ye cheap very devil incarnate, peace, ye fat guts, ye expelled:

    > On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:25:38 -0700, Evan Platt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:59:39 -0700, richard <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I was at the age then ripe for vietnam. One of the best ways not to
    >>> go was to continously volunteer. A friend of mine was sent to
    >>> Wiesbaden Germany.

    >> You had friends back then? What happened?
    >>
    >>> As I volunteered for the Army, I would have been in a specific
    >>> college for 4 years.

    >> I think college would take you quite a bit longer.
    >>
    >>> Unfortunately I was medically discharged before the end
    >>> of boot camp.

    >> Section 8.. Yes, we know.
    >>
    >>> Let's leave that alone people. I'm not replying to your old news
    >>> bullshit.

    >> Yes. We know. You stop replying once you've been proved wrong, or
    >> proved St00pid.

    > Evan, unless you have proof, which you can not have, then kindly shut
    > the **** up. I'm not going to keep repeating the facts. As you have
    > your mind made up on your own set of facts.

    You would not know a fact even if it rammed its fist up your loose anal
    sphincter, sent shivering pains up your spine, and made your
    gormless-looking eyes pop out of your tiny pin head, Bullis.

    Hu Flung Dung, Jul 22, 2009
  11. richard

    Jo Guest

    richard wrote in news::

    > On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:25:38 -0700, Evan Platt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:59:39 -0700, richard <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>I was at the age then ripe for vietnam. One of the best ways not to go
    >>>was to continously volunteer. A friend of mine was sent to Wiesbaden
    >>>Germany.

    >>You had friends back then? What happened?
    >>
    >>>As I volunteered for the Army, I would have been in a specific college
    >>>for 4 years.

    >>I think college would take you quite a bit longer.
    >>
    >>>Unfortunately I was medically discharged before the end
    >>>of boot camp.

    >>Section 8.. Yes, we know.
    >>
    >>>Let's leave that alone people. I'm not replying to your old news
    >>>bullshit.

    >>Yes. We know. You stop replying once you've been proved wrong, or
    >>proved St00pid.

    > Evan, unless you have proof, which you can not have, then kindly shut
    > the **** up. I'm not going to keep repeating the facts. As you have
    > your mind made up on your own set of facts.

    Then why constantly bring into threads topics which you would rather not
    discuss, if you don't want to talk about something, stop fucking
    mentioning it.

    Jo, Jul 29, 2009