    Freddy Guest

    XP operating system. My laptop went into hybernation and shut down. Now
    won't do anything. Just wont't start up. Any suggestions. for a novice?

    Freddy, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Freddy

    Ray Guest

    Unplug from power cord, pull battery out, wait a few seconds and plug back
    in and see if it will start up. If it's docked on a docking station, try
    undocking and redocking. Worked before on a few laptops at work, so maybe
    it will work for you also.

    Ray, Sep 21, 2004

  3. Freddy

    Robin Hood Guest

    "Freddy" <> wrote in message
    > XP operating system. My laptop went into hybernation and shut down. Now
    > won't do anything. Just wont't start up. Any suggestions. for a novice?

    I walked into a friends house the other day and his laptop was doing the
    same thing. I disconnected it from its power supply and removed the battery,
    paused a moment and reconnected the battery and psu and the computer then
    worked normally.

    Not much chance that it will work for you but it has to be worth a try.

    Robin Hood, Sep 21, 2004
  4. Freddy

    ImhoTech Guest

    "Freddy" <> wrote in message
    > XP operating system. My laptop went into hybernation and shut down. Now
    > won't do anything. Just wont't start up. Any suggestions. for a novice?

    Go see a movie. Invite a friend, maybe get laid afterwards.

    ImhoTech, Sep 21, 2004
  5. Freddy

    alan Guest

    When it happened to me it proved to be the mains adaptor had died, allowing
    the battery to go flat.

    Alan

    alan, Sep 22, 2004