NOTHING COMES EASY IN THIS WORLD!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by steve, Jan 22, 2005.

  1. steve

    steve Guest

    NOTHING COMES EASY IN THIS WORLD,

    But this makes since to me and obviously thousands other people.

    THIS MIGHT TAKE 15-30 MINUTES, BUT IT IS 100% WORTH IT TO MAKE THOUSANDS SO
    QUICKLY.

    THIS IS NOT ANOTHER SCAM THAT TAKES LOTS OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY; THIS IS
    A NO RISK INVESTMENT THAT WILL MAKE YOU THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS VERY EASILY AND
    QUICKLY.

    PAYPAL VERIFIES THAT THIS $5 INVESTMENT SCHEME IS LEGAL AND IS A BIG HIT
    THIS YEAR

    SEE THEIR NOTE BELOW OR ASK THEM DIRECTLY...

    Dear Member,

    ----

    It has come to our attention that there is a paypal scheme floating around
    at the moment you may have heard or seen the $5 scheme. You may have even
    taken part in it well we have been asked alot of questions about this scheme
    the answer is yes it does work and yes it is safe to use providing you
    follow the rules it is legal and has made a big hit on the internet this
    year.

    If you would like to take part in this scheme or would like a bit more
    information then please see the attached file that was kindly donated to us.

    ----

    Thank you for using PayPal!
    The PayPal Team

    I HAVE CHECKED EBAY FOR MORE OF THESE OFFERS- THERE'S LOTS APPROVING IT

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!NONE HAVE BEEN DISAPPROVED!!!!!!!

    I found this opportunity and thought for only $5 it would be worth a try. We
    spend allot more than $5 playing this thing called the LOTTO and I don't
    know about you, but I know I've never won, nor do I know anyone that has! I
    don't have a sob story to tell, I'm just looking for opportunities to make
    money. Below is the original email I received the only thing I've done is
    add my e-mail in like the instructions said. Please read, then follow the
    directions it contains. Let's make this work for all of us! If after you
    read it you decide you don't want to try it, that's fine just hit DELETE and
    go about your day.

    PS. I know nothing comes easy in this world, but for $5 and in thirty days
    I'll know if this opportunity really works or not.

    Have fun in what ever you do,

    R Taylor

    Is it as easy as they say to make money on the web?

    TURN $5 INTO $15,000 IN ONLY 30 DAYS...HERES HOW!

    You have most likely seen or heard about this project on TV programs such as
    20/20 and Oprah , or you may have read about it in the Wall Street Journal.
    If not, here it is below - revealed to you in step-by-step detail. This
    program is by no means new. It has been in existence in many forms for at
    least a decade. But in the early days, it required a lot more time and
    effort, as well as an investment of a few hundred dollars. However, thanks
    to PayPal and the Internet, the investment is now virtually ZERO! And what's
    more, the entire process is FASTER, EASIER, and MORE LUCRATIVE than it has
    EVER been!

    Below is the email sent to me:

    How to Turn $5 into $15,000 in 30 Days with PayPal

    I WAS SHOCKED WHEN I SAW HOW MUCH MONEY CAME FLOODING INTO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT

    I turned $5 into $14,706 within the first 30 days of operating the business
    plan that I am about to reveal to you free of charge. If you decide to take
    action on the following instructions, I will GUARANTEE that you will enjoy a
    similar return!

    Please do not be skeptical about this program. At least think about it for a
    few days. Otherwise you will be throwing away over $15,000 in cash! This
    system has been working for 2 years and thousands of people have joined and
    they have been amazed by the results of a little time and $5.00! You will
    too!

    I became unemployed in August of 2001, along with several other colleagues
    at the printing firm where I worked. At that time I was living beyond my
    means and in serious debt. Several debt collectors were hounding me on an
    almost daily basis, and this consequently started a chain reaction that
    ended with the repossession of my car and then my home. As you can probably
    imagine, my prospects looked pretty bleak. Then, in March of 2002, I
    received a short and simple email telling me how to make over $15,000 at a
    time. I ignored it because of course, I was skeptical. However, I didn't
    delete that email because something about it rang true to me, and I was
    desperate to know whether it was possible to make that amount of money in
    such a short space of time. By this time, I was even deeper in debt, and I
    had just about reached the point of despair. I finally realized that I had
    absolutely nothing to lose by having a go at the plan offered to me in that
    email. And apart from that, I just couldn't stop myself from thinking. What
    if it actually works?

    Therefore, I put my doubts to one side and I went ahead and followed the
    simple instructions given in that email. It took me less than 30 minutes to
    complete and it cost me no more than $5. And yet, by the end of 2002, I was
    able to book the family holiday of a lifetime in the Caribbean, and I bought
    a brand new BMW with hard cash. Also in the autumn of 2003, I purchased a
    tidy condo in Florida for no less than $125,000. And yet, I don't owe a
    single cent to anyone!

    To date, I have made exactly $376,855. My accountant has drawn up a
    cash-flow forecast in which he predicts that, within the next 18 months, I
    will become a millionaire just through this one business alone. Even now as
    I write this, I find it strange to come to terms with the fact that, like
    most people, I've worked hard and struggled all my life just to get by and
    then something ridiculously simple drops into my lap and immediately turns
    my life around completely. When I think back to all the similar emails I had
    previously deleted, it makes me shudder, because now I know just how close I
    came to missing out completely. What did it say in that email? Well, if
    you'll read on, all will be revealed!

    The business plan I am about to share with you works perfectly every single
    time. I've never made less than $15,000 from it on each occasion.

    Let me assure you that this is a LEGITIMATE BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, a
    perfectly legal moneymaking enterprise. It does not require you to sell
    anything. It does not require you to speak to your friends, family or
    anybody else (unless you want to). In fact, you do not need to come into
    contact with any people whatsoever. Anyone with a pulse can become
    successful and make their fortune with this system. If you believe that
    every dog has its day, then follow the simple step-by-step plan exactly as
    it is set out below. If you do this and this alone, I GUARANTEE that within
    the next 30 days you will receive over $15,000 in cash via your PayPal
    account. I know that this must sound like an outrageous claim, particularly
    if you've never had possession of this sort of money before, but believe me,
    this business works like nothing else you may have seenbefore in your life!
    By following the simple 3-step plan set out below, within a few short weeks
    your life will be transformed beyond all recognition! Please do not allow
    your initial skepticism to deprive you of certain financial success.

    If you decide not to take advantage of this life-changing opportunity, I
    would like you to know that I sincerely respect your decision and I
    understand that you will have your reasons. I therefore wish you the very
    best of luck for the future. I am able to say this with absolute sincerity
    because, as you will see, if you decide to work this plan, I will not
    receive any financial compensation from you whatsoever. After all, I am
    sharing this system with you for free. However, remember life is short.
    Nobody has ever said that you can't have the financial freedom to do what
    you want to do, when you want to do it. But you must first pay the price.
    The price here is action; it's as simple as that! I'm very proud to be able
    to say that I've fulfilled my duty to my wife and children by securing their
    financial future in a very uncertain world, and I don't believe that any
    price is too great to pay for such peace of mind.

    This is the CHEAPEST, FASTEST and EASIEST way to make serious money online -
    PERIOD!

    There are a lot of companies out there offering to put you in your own
    business, but I'm so certain you will make a SERIOUS INCOME with what I am
    going to tell you that I'm willing to roll up my sleeves and help you
    begin - RIGHT NOW!!

    Remember, I am not asking you to send me a single penny for the lucrative
    business project I am about to share with you. In addition, you will not be
    asked to buy anything or sacrifice your free time. You will make some fast
    and easy cash, using just a copy of this page and the simplest and most
    popular Internet payment system in existence!

    If you're already running a home business, you can easily do this one along
    with it. If not, this is the FASTEST and EASIEST way to earn serious money
    online that you've ever seen so far in the history of the Internet! This
    program works no matter what country you are in, or what currency you use.
    It doesn't matter how old or how young you are. And you certainly won't need
    any special knowledge or talent. You won't need to run a website, or make
    phone calls, or make photocopies, or send out letters through the mail, or
    pay for advertising, etc. The only things you will need are:

    An email address.

    A Business PayPal account with at least $5 deposited in it.

    Just 15 to 30 minutes of your time.

    This program takes just half an hour to set up. After that, there is
    absolutely no work whatsoever to do on your part. And yet, you will stand to
    gain many thousands of dollars within the next few weeks from those 30
    minutes of easy work! Yes, I know, it sounds too good to be true! I thought
    exactly the same thing myself until I actually tried it out! Even if you are
    already involved in another program, stay with it, but do yourself a big
    favor and DO THIS ONE as well. You have absolutely NOTHING to lose, but you
    stand to gain a LIFE-CHANGING amount of money within the next few weeks! In
    fact, there is NO LIMIT to the amount of income you can generate from this
    one single business program!!

    The facts are simple: If you need to make a few thousand dollars REALLY

    FAST, then this program is the way to do it! It's the CHEAPEST, FASTEST,
    EASIEST, and MOST LUCRATIVE program you will ever participate in!

    Please be sure to read all of this page . . . take your time, come back to
    it . . . go over and over it, you won't be sorry, I can certainly promise
    you that! If you don't have time to read all of this now, then save this
    email so you can come back to it later.

    All you need is a PayPal account and an email address!

    Just about everyone has heard about "PayPal" (if you haven't you will soon!)
    and when I came across this concept I knew it would work because, as a
    member of PayPal (an Ebay company), I had already experienced their
    efficiency and excellent standing. PayPal is the simplest method of making
    and receiving payments online that anyone has ever seen! Anyone with an
    email address can join for FREE! Once you have a PayPal account, you can
    send and receive credit card payments, or from your checking account, to or
    from anyone - anywhere in the world! Please read further before you go
    there... You can complete this whole process within just half an hour and
    you will NEVER forget the day you decided to do so!!!

    NEED PROOF? Here are just 3 testimonials from the countless individuals who
    decided to invest nothing more than $5 and half an hour of their time to
    participate in this program:

    "What an amazing plan! I followed your instructions just 3 weeks ago, and
    although I haven't made 15 grand yet, I'm already up to $9,135. I'm
    absolutely gob smacked."

    Pam Whittemore , Ohio

    "This is Lisa. Well, what can I say?... THANK YOU SO MUCH! I sent 40
    e-mail's out like you said and then I just forgot about the whole thing. To
    be honest, I didn't really think anything would come of it. But when I
    checked my paypal account a week later, there was over $5,000 in it! After
    30 days I now have over $11,000 to spend! I can't thank you enough!"

    Juan Tovar, NY,NY

    "I was shocked when I saw how much money came flooding into my paypal
    account. Within 3 weeks my account balance has ballooned to $12,449. At
    first I thought there had been some sort of error with my account!"

    Richard Barrie , Boulder,CO

    Just a few months ago, each of these people were doing the same thing as you
    are at this very moment - reading this! But because they decided

    to follow the simple instructions given below, they are now considerably
    better off as a result. And there's no reason whatsoever why you can't share
    in this success. You've got nothing to lose, and EVERYTHING to gain!

    Let's get started, just follow the instructions exactly as set out below and
    then prepare yourself for a HUGE influx of cash over the next 30 days!

    Here's what you need to do. .

    STEP 1

    Ok, if you're not already a PayPal user, the very first thing you need to do
    is click on the PayPal link below and SIGN UP. It takes just 2 minutes!

    Here's the link:

    https://www.paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=3JRFGEMKDDGAS

    Be sure to use this link so you can sign up for a free BUSINESS account.
    You'll need to have a BUSINESS account (and not a PERSONAL account)
    otherwise you won't be able to receive credit card payments from other
    people.

    STEP 2

    It is an undeniable law of the universe that we must first give in order to
    receive. So the first thing to do when you have your Business PayPal account
    is to IMMEDIATELY send a $5 payment from your PayPal account to the FIRST
    email address in the list below, along with a note saying:

    "Please add me to your mailing list. "

    Be certain to add this note, as this is what KEEPS THIS PROGRAM LEGAL.

    Instructions on how to send a payment are under "SEND MONEY" at the Paypal
    site. It's so easy!!

    When you send your $5 payment to the first address in the list, do it with a
    great big smile on your face because "as you sow, so shall you reap!"

    Here's the current list:

    After you have transferred a $5 payment to the email address at the

    top of the list, something very eerie happens. It gives you an
    indescribable, overwhelming sense of certainty, belief and conviction in the
    system. You've just proved to yourself that, because you have done it, there
    must be a great number of other people ready to do exactly the same. Thus
    you have now seen for yourself, first hand, that this business actually
    works!

    STEP 3

    Once you've sent a $5 payment to the address at the top of the list (along
    with your note - this is VERY important!), the next thing you need to do is
    to obtain a copy of the contents of this page, as you'll be sending it out
    (as an email message or by advertising your page, like I have done) to at
    least 40 people (keep in mind that 40 is a good number of people to reach,
    but with all the different ways of advertising for free on the internet the
    amount of views and sign-ups under you could well exceed into the hundreds
    or thousands if you wish....the more people who join the more profitable for
    everyone on the list, including you). The copy that you will send out will
    contain YOUR email address at number 5 in the list - having deleted the
    address at Number 1 in the list, and moving the others up a position.

    The best way to do this is you can copy and paste into emails to your family
    and friends. You can copy and paste it and put ads on the internet on
    message boards etc. Or you can create your own free website, by copying and
    pasting. There are many free webpages you can build on the web.

    And the best part of having this info on a website for people to follow is
    you can post links to your site on paid to click websites or paid to read
    email sites, for great advertising. There are countless ways to get more
    people like me and you involved in this amazing program.

    A. Go to the toolbar at the top of the window and select "Edit" and then
    "Select All".

    B. Go to the toolbar again and select "Edit" and then "Copy".

    C. Start (compose) a new email message (PLAIN TEXT so everyone can view
    it!).

    D. Fill in your email address and subject line, and then click in the main
    message area.

    E. Go to "Edit" and "Paste" to paste the text into your new email message.
    Now you can edit and format the message text in any way you want! However,
    it's best to just leave the text as it is because you want your email to be
    read by everyone who receives it!

    The only thing you need to make sure of is that you type YOUR email address
    at Number 5 in the list in STEP 2. Of course, the address that was
    previously at Number 1 should be removed, and the other email addresses
    should be moved up a position to accommodate yours at Number 5. As long as
    you have done this correctly, your email is ready for sending!

    A word of warning! Don't be tempted to add your email address to position 1
    in order to earn money fast! It doesn't work like that! If you do that, you
    will ONLY reach the people you directly send emails to, and then your
    address will be immediately removed from the Number 1 place and you won't
    reach thousands of people! But, if you add your name to the Number 5
    position, there will be literally tens of thousands of people receiving and
    sending e-mail's later - when your name is at the Number 1 spot!!!

    F. Once you've got your email message ready, send out a minimum of 40 copies
    of the email - but only to people you know, or to people who respond to MLM
    offers, or to people who've sent YOU offers. By sending this letter and the
    payment via EMAIL, the response time is EXTREMELY fast.......... ELECTRONIC
    TRANSFER INTERNET FAST!!! That's why it takes only a few days for those $5
    payments to start flooding into your PayPal account!

    THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT! The whole process should take you no more than 30
    minutes to complete.

    BE PREPARED TO GET EXCITED.... YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!! Half an hour of
    easy work is all that's needed - no capital outlay, no postage stamps, no
    printing, copying or waiting, and the concept is 100% legal.

    Within 30 days, over $15,000 cash will pass through your PayPal account. And
    that's GUARANTEED. In fact, you can expect to receive a substantial number
    of $5 payments within the first few days! Keep a copy of your email safe so
    that you can use it again whenever you need more cash!

    Here's the math:

    When you send out your emails, your email address will initially be at
    Number 5 in the list. That's the best position it can be in at this stage if
    you want to make serious money. The response-rate for this program is much
    higher than any typical email marketing campaign for a number of reasons,
    which are explained later. As long as you send your emails to people who are
    likely to be interested in this program, on average, you can expect a
    response from about 25% of the people you send to. But let's be extremely
    conservative here and assume that you receive an average response rate of
    only 12.5%. . .

    If you send out your email to 40 different people, you can expect at least 5
    of those people to do exactly what you did (12.5% of 40 = 5). By this time,
    your email address will have moved up to Number 4 in the list, and this list
    will now have reached around 200 people (5 x 40).

    Out of those 200 people, you can expect at least 25 of them to participate
    (12.5% of 200 = 25), so that's a further 1,000 emails (25 x 40) being sent
    out and your email address will have risen to Number 3 in the list.

    Out of those 1,000 people, you can expect at least 125 of them to
    participate (12.5% of 1,000 = 125), so that's a further 5,000 emails (125 x
    40) being sent out with you now at the Number 2 position.

    Out of those 5,000 people, you can expect at least 625 of them to respond
    (12.5% of 5,000 = 625), so that's 25,000 emails (625 x 40) being sent out
    with YOUR ADDRESS at the Number 1 spot!

    Now, out of those 25,000 people, you can expect around 3,125 of them to
    respond (12.5% of 25,000 = 3,125). And since you will now be at NUMBER 1 in
    the list, you will receive $15,625! (3,125 x $5)

    So, when your name starts to hit the Number 1 position within the next few
    days, it will be YOUR turn to collect the money! Over the course of 30 days,
    this money will be sent to you by a few thousand people just like yourself -
    who are willing to invest half an hour to receive around $15,000 or more in
    cash! The first payments will arrive within a few days, and they will
    continue at the rate of about 100 payments per day for about 30 days. After
    that time, the volume of payments begins to taper off as your email address
    vacates the Number 1 position.

    That's all you need to do! There will be around $15,000 in $5 payments
    waiting for you in your PayPal account within the next few weeks.$15,000 for
    just 30 minutes work! This is real money that you can spend on anything you
    wish! Just deposit it to your own bank account or spend it directly from
    your PayPal account!!! It's just that easy!!! I think it's WORTH IT, don't
    you?

    Remember, the 12.5% example above is assuming that 35 out of the 40 people
    you send your email to will do absolutely nothing except delete your email.
    However, if you follow the plan correctly and send your emails only to
    people who are likely to want to participate, you can expect a typical
    response-rate of around 25%. Hence, the 12.5% example is only given as a
    worst-case-scenario. Additionally, the above example assumes that each
    participant will only send out 40 emails. Imagine what would happen if each
    participant sent out 1,000 emails instead of just 40! Believe me; many
    people will do this and much more!

    Consider this! Millions of people surf the Internet every single day, all
    over the world! Plus there are 50,000 new people who get on the Internet
    every month! The people who send you offers by email can provide you with an
    excellent source of bulk email addresses to send to. You can also send out
    emails to all of your family, friends, and to anyone who you think would
    want to invest $5 and 30 minutes of their time to make a substantial lump
    sum within a month. If you want to operate this business continuously, you
    should consider obtaining bulk lists of email addresses from a reputable
    mailing list company. That's how I've managed to stay in business for the
    last 2 years! If you already have a legitimate mailing list, then this
    program would be the most profitable way to make use of it.

    There are many websites that sell thousands of fresh opt-in email addresses
    of people who have subscribed to receive exactly this type of program. For
    example, visit: www.htmail.com and www.Email2Success.com . The possibilities
    are endless, and it's so easy!

    Unlike many other programs, this 5-LEVEL PROGRAM costs you only $5. That's
    right, only $5 ONCE, which is much more realistic and provides much, much
    faster results. Only the first person on the list gets your $5 gift, but
    everyone in the list will rise to that Number 1 position as thousands of
    emails are being sent out. No cheating can occur (don't be fooled by claims
    that this system can be cheated) as Paypal only allows one account per
    person. Because it is so easy, the response rate is VERY HIGH and VERY
    FAST - Internet email FAST, and you will start seeing dramatic results in
    less than one week! JUST IN TIME FOR NEXT MONTH'S BILLS!

    Remember, you need only mail out 40 copies to start with. This will be
    enough to generate a substantial lump sum within 30 days. For example, send
    to personal contacts and reply to people who send their programs to you, as
    they are already working on the web. They know these programs work and they
    are already believers in the system! This is NOT considered SPAM if you are
    responding to other people's offers, or sending to friends, family and
    contacts, or if you are using a legitimate mailing list.

    So, email your letters out today, and then prepare yourself for a huge
    influx of cash within the next 30 days!!!

    4 factors that make this program so successful. . .

    EXTREMELY FAST RESPONSE

    EXTREMELY HIGH RESPONSE RATE

    UNLIMITED PROFIT POTENTIAL

    QUICK, SIMPLE AND CHEAP TO GET STARTED

    Because of the VIRTUALLY ZERO INVESTMENT, SPEED, and HIGH PROFIT POTENTIAL,
    this program has a VERY HIGH RESPONSE RATE! And all from just a simple email
    and one simple $5 PayPal transaction! In fact, this program has faster
    results and a higher response rate than any other Internet program you could
    possibly participate in! For most email marketing campaigns, the average
    response rate is between 0.5% and 5%. However, this particular program
    typically generates a response rate of between 20% and 30%. This is because
    this program is so easy to implement, it costs next to nothing, it takes
    just 30 minutes to implement, and the results can be seen within days.

    I've been watching this type of MLM program for years and this is about as
    easy and fast as you can get it. No stamps, no envelopes, no printed copies
    to be made - just a little effort and faith!!! This program really keeps it
    "short and simple"!

    UNLIMITED income potential!

    This program is structured for everyone to send only 40 emails each to
    start. However, you are certainly not limited to 40 Send out as many emails
    as you want. Every 40 emails you send have a return of AT LEAST $15,000
    WITHIN 30 DAYS. So, if you can email 50, or 100, or whatever, GO FOR IT! THE
    MORE YOU PUT INTO IT, THE MORE YOU GET OUT OF IT! However, you MUST remember
    that sneaking your name higher up on the list will NOT produce the results
    you think, and it only cheats the other people who have put in the effort
    and have earned the right to be there. So please, play by the rules and the
    serious money will come to you!

    You are probably skeptical of this, especially with all the different
    programs out there on the Web, but if you don't try this you will never
    know. I felt exactly the same as you probably do right now. I wanted to
    believe but I just couldn't help thinking that there was some sort of catch.
    But then I realized that I had absolutely nothing to lose. After all, I was
    only being asked to invest a measly $5, and yet I could earn many thousands
    of dollars within a month. And all for just half an hour of my time!
    Therefore I went ahead and did exactly as the email requested. This took me
    around 30 minutes in total, and I'm so, so, glad I did It!

    To get started, just click on the link below:

    https://www.paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=3JRFGEMKDDGAS

    But please play by the rules!

    This program doesn't cost anything but $5 and about half an hour of your
    time, and if everyone plays fair, everyone WINS!!

    So there it is. You now have the knowledge that will enable you to make over
    $15,000 within the next few weeks. The only thing that can hold you back now
    is a lack of faith or a lack of self-belief. However, any doubts you may
    currently have will disappear within a few days of putting this plan into
    practice. Trust me on this! You certainly won't regret it.

    Some notes from the PayPal site which you may find useful

    PayPal lets you pay anyone with an email address and is the world's Number 1
    online payment service. PayPal (as an Ebay company) is accepted on millions
    of eBay auctions daily, as well as a countless number of online shops. You
    can also use PayPal to pay your friends - for example, it's a convenient way
    to split the phone bill with your roommate, send cash to your kids in
    college, or send cash to someone in another country.

    When you send money through PayPal, you can fund your payments with your
    credit card or check account. You won't have to worry about your privacy,
    because PayPal keeps your accounting information safe and secure. Making a
    purchase with PayPal is far more secure than mailing a check or giving your
    credit card number to a stranger. That's why over 9 MILLION people from
    around the world use PayPal to move money. Signing up for a PayPal account
    is free, easy, and it takes only a couple of minutes. Thank you, and good
    luck in your ventures!

    steve, Jan 22, 2005

  2. steve wrote:

    > NOTHING COMES EASY IN THIS WORLD

    Tell that to Britney's boyfriends.

    Forwarded to assholes... err, I mean ,

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 22, 2005

  3. steve

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:41:06 GMT, "steve" <>
    wrote:

    >PAYPAL VERIFIES THAT THIS $5 INVESTMENT SCHEME IS LEGAL AND IS A BIG HIT
    >THIS YEAR

    That's a lie! Paypal couldn't possibly approve of it because they're
    in California and a scheme where you pay and get paid for recruiting
    violates section 327 of the California Penal Code.

    If the person who starts it gets thousands to send him money, they
    will get millions who will get billions who will be at the bottom of
    the pyramid and LOSE.

    http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/use/index_frame-outside&ed=rich_quick

    Pyramid Schemes

    Pyramid schemes, including Gifting Clubs and Ponzi schemes, involve
    the exchange of money in relation to the process of enrolling other
    people into the scheme. PayPal includes in its definition of "pyramid
    schemes" any system in which a hierarchy is created by people joining
    under others who joined previously, and in which those who join make
    payments to those above them in the hierarchy ("upline"). Pyramid
    schemes are prohibited as a form of investment fraud by federal laws
    and by the laws of each of the fifty individual states. PayPal
    considers online payment randomizers to be a type of pyramid scheme
    because the majority of commissions are paid for recruitment of new
    members, and typically operate by random placement within the program.

    Hawaii law:
    http://www.mlmlegal.com/hawaii.html

    [§480-3.3] Endless chain schemes. A person engages in an unfair method
    of competition and an unfair or deceptive act or practice within the
    meaning of section 480-2 when, in the conduct of any trade or
    commerce, the person contrives, prepares, sets up, proposes, or
    operates any endless chain scheme. As used in this section, an endless
    chain scheme means any scheme for the disposal or distribution of
    property whereby a participant pays a valuable consideration for the
    chance to receive compensation for introducing one or more additional
    persons into participation in the scheme, or for the chance to receive
    compensation when a person introduced by the participant introduces a
    new participant. Compensation, as used in this section, does not mean
    or include payments based upon sales made to persons who are not
    participants in the scheme and who are not purchasing in order to
    participate in the scheme. [L 1970, c 28, §1; gen ch 1985]

    Joel Rubin, Jan 22, 2005