    JakeMC Guest

    I have win xp home upgrade from win me. I accidentally deleted notpad. How
    can I get it back? I can't find it on the xp disc

    JakeMC, Jul 21, 2004

  2. JakeMC

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:28:57 GMT, "JakeMC" <> wrote:

    >I have win xp home upgrade from win me. I accidentally deleted notpad. How
    >can I get it back? I can't find it on the xp disc

    Restore it from the Windows XP CD

    Click Start, Run. In the Run box, type "msconfig" without the quotes and
    press enter. On the "General" tab, click the "Expand File..." button.

    File to restore: notepad.exe
    Restore from: Point to the Windows XP CD's "I386" folder
    Save file in: C:\Windows\system32\

    Unk, Jul 21, 2004

  3. JakeMC

    JakeMC Guest

    when I point to 1386, the box requires me to open a file in 1386. which one?

    JakeMC, Jul 21, 2004
  4. JakeMC

    Unk Guest

    NOTEPAD.EXE You deleted notepad, right?
    JHC, read my reply again!

    Unk, Jul 21, 2004
  5. JakeMC

    JakeMC Guest

    Thanks for your help. What I was saying is that when I browse in the restore
    from and click on 1386, it does not insert 1386 into the 'restore from'
    window. It opens the 1386 folder and requires me to click on a specific file
    with 1386.

    JakeMC, Jul 21, 2004
  6. JakeMC

    Unk Guest

    I never used XP's file restore before. I tried it since you had so much
    trouble and it is a real PIA to use. I put it on my server for you.

    Right-click the below link, and "Save Target as...", rename it to
    "notepad.exe", and save it in "C:\Windows\system32\"

    You may need a copy in "C:\Windows\" if some of your existing shortcuts
    point there too.

    http://www.digitalforrest.com/peruggia/myfiles/notepad.bak

    Unk, Jul 21, 2004

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 21, 2004
  8. Alexander Rogge, Jul 21, 2004
  9. JakeMC

    JakeMC Guest

    That did it. Thanks

    JakeMC, Jul 22, 2004
  10. JakeMC

    Unk Guest

    You're welcome.

    Unk, Jul 22, 2004
  11. Alexander Rogge, the fuckwitted tit, Jul 22, 2004
  12. Alexander Rogge, the fuckwitted tit, Jul 23, 2004
  13. Alexander Rogge, the fuckwitted tit, Jul 23, 2004
  14. Alexander Rogge, the fuckwitted tit, Jul 23, 2004
  15. Alexander Rogge, the fuckwitted tit, Jul 23, 2004