    Can't find anything on the net about this problem.

    Assistance is much appreciated.

    TTT
    TTT, Feb 14, 2005

  2. TTT

    WormWood Guest

    "TTT" <> wrote in message
    news:5F3Qd.387973$Xk.237752@pd7tw3no...
    > when trying to print in Notepad (XP) I get the following message:
    > "Page too small to print one line. Try printing using smaller font."
    >
    > I have tried using smaller font and have tested typing one word on the
    > page, and even leaving it blank. I still get the same message.
    >
    > Can't find anything on the net about this problem.
    >
    > Assistance is much appreciated.
    >
    > TTT

    Have you consulted your printer help file? Sounds like you need a
    configuration adjustment.
    WormWood, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Does the problem happen when you print in WordPad? Perhaps you font file
    has been damaged. Do you have the problem with different fonts?

    Atlas Shrugged, Feb 14, 2005
  4. TTT

    TTT Guest

    No I have tried other fonts and the same problem still
    Printing is no problem in other software
    strange?

    TTT, Feb 14, 2005
  5. TTT

    Watcher111 Guest

    Just a thought, but notepad doesn't automatically go to the next line after
    a full line on the screen, it keeps going to the right... maybe you need to
    manually insert a few carriage returns to get what you're typing to be all
    on one screen ..without scrolling to the right. It sounds like you are
    exceeding the margins of the paper and the message is telling you to make it
    smaller to fit on the page.

    just my 2 cents

    Watcher111

    Watcher111, Feb 14, 2005
  6. TTT

    TTT Guest

    Thanks for the response Watcher111
    i fiddled with what you suggested and still get the strange error message

    TTT, Feb 14, 2005
  7. You should use wordpad instead of notepad. Copy what you have in notepad
    and paste it into wordpad. You may have to readjust some of it, but it will
    print much better from wordpad than it ever will in notepad.
    PJ

    The Black Laced One, Feb 14, 2005
  8. TTT

    Brewzinski

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Notepad - Page too small to print one line. Try printing using smaller font.

    Had the same problem with text file opened from dialog box from one program (PC Print) directly into Notepad.

    Turned on Word Wrap (Format on menu bar, Word Wrap, check mark will be there next time menu is displayed) and printed without problems.

    Suspected cause is text from from Unix based system. Lines may have Line Feed (LF) character at the end instead of Carriage Return/Line Feed (CR/LF) expected by PCs. Word Wrap may have added CR/LF at right edge of Notepad window. You may need to save the text file, then print.

    Alternatively, you could open the file in another program (Wordpad/Word) and click on File--Save As... to fix it. You would want to save it with a new name the first time you try this. If all is well afterwards, you can overwrite the file.
    Brewzinski, Apr 10, 2008