Notepad to write my 1st webspace HTML,

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by fredcromer, May 4, 2004.

  1. fredcromer

    fredcromer Guest

    Tiscali gives you a webspace when you sign up, I don't know how to even
    write a title, i've given them the name of the webspace, now I have to write
    a page...and upload it to them?????, anyway ,people have helped me out and
    someone told me this is what I couhtml>
    <head>
    <title>THE TITLE OF WEBSPACE</title>
    </head>

    Hi

    CHEERS D.L but in Notepad what do i do next???? Cheers mate. all the
    best....any help well appreciated

    ---
    fredcromer, May 4, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "fredcromer" <> wrote in news:409736e9_2@mk-nntp-
    2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

    > CHEERS D.L but in Notepad what do i do next???? Cheers mate. all the
    > best....any help well appreciated

    File, save as, and put "pagename.html", including the quotes. If you don't
    put the quotes, it will save as pagename.html.txt, which you don't want.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, May 4, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    Pepperoni Guest

    "fredcromer" <> wrote in message
    > Tiscali gives you a webspace when you sign up, I don't know how to even
    > write a title, i've given them the name of the webspace, now I have to

    write
    > a page...and upload it to them?????, anyway ,people have helped me out and
    > someone told me this is what I couhtml>
    > <head>
    > <title>THE TITLE OF WEBSPACE</title>
    > </head>

    > Hi
    >
    > CHEERS D.L but in Notepad what do i do next???? Cheers mate. all the
    > best....any help well appreciated

    Fred,

    What would you like on the page? I'll write one for you today. (within an
    hour)

    What sort of music do you like?
    (I'll find some without copyright restrictions--- may take 10 minutes)

    What kind of art or picture do you like?

    I can give a generic name to the music and pic files, so you can change the
    page merely by uploading a different file with the same name.

    You probably have Front Page Express on your PC, or on your installation CD.
    It's a bit unwieldy, but functional for writing basic pages. Tiscali
    probably also has some type of program to write pages.

    It doesn't need to be difficult or fancy. Just grab a pic and a midi file
    and upload to your site. (make sure the music has no copyright info) Then
    it takes only minutes to write and upload the HTML.

    "Keep it simple, Son" example:
    http://home.comcast.net/~thuxton/

    Pepperoni
    Pepperoni, May 4, 2004
  4. fredcromer wrote:

    > Tiscali gives you a webspace when you sign up, I don't know how to even
    > write a title, i've given them the name of the webspace, now I have to write
    > a page...and upload it to them?????, anyway ,people have helped me out and
    > someone told me this is what I couhtml>
    > <head>
    > <title>THE TITLE OF WEBSPACE</title>
    > </head>

    > Hi
    >
    > CHEERS D.L but in Notepad what do i do next???? Cheers mate. all the
    > best....any help well appreciated

    if you visit alt.html we can help you there :D
    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, May 4, 2004