  1. Just got a laptop and I was wondering what type of lead do I need to link it
    up to my PC to get files etc?.

    TIA
    Enforcement Team, Jan 31, 2004

  2. Enforcement Team

    Sultan Guest

    Enforcement Team wrote in news:bvgvd8$6gq$:

    > Just got a laptop and I was wondering what type of lead do I need to
    > link it up to my PC to get files etc?.
    >
    > TIA

    Depends really, if you have Nics in both then a cross over cable will do
    the trick, if not then you can buy an USB cable kit that will allow you to
    network the two together. There are other options of course but these two
    are the easiest.

    This link will give you an idea:
    http://www.laplink.com/products/cables/faq.asp

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Enforcement Team

    EGA Guest

    you can either setup a network with sharing or get a "laplink" parallel
    cable or a special USB cable. the phrase you are looking for was called
    Direct Connect Networking. In WinXP, its an advanced network conenction.
    You will need to buy a cable that is designed for this.

    EGA, Jan 31, 2004
  4. "EGA" <> wrote in message
    > you can either setup a network with sharing or get a "laplink" parallel
    > cable or a special USB cable. the phrase you are looking for was called
    > Direct Connect Networking. In WinXP, its an advanced network conenction.
    > You will need to buy a cable that is designed for this.
    >
    > "Enforcement Team" <> wrote in message
    > > Just got a laptop and I was wondering what type of lead do I need to

    link
    > it
    > > up to my PC to get files etc?.

    Thanks Guys for your help.