    richard Guest

    Any one know what the max size limit is for a notepad text file?
    WordPad craps out about 15,000 kb.

    richard, Oct 9, 2006

  2. richard

    thanatoid Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Any one know what the max size limit is for a notepad text
    > file? WordPad craps out about 15,000 kb.

    I congratulate you for not falling into the "I must have MS
    Office to write a 3 page letter" trap. Notepad only handles even
    smaller files than WordPad. 40,000 or something, I don't know.

    There are hundreds if not thousands of vastly superior notepad
    replacements.

    I like Notetab Lite, it's free and you will not believe what it
    can do.

    http://www.notetab.com

    But you can Google for "notepad replacement" and find something
    you may like more.

    There are a few system-wide spell checkers around if you need
    one. Google.

    thanatoid, Oct 9, 2006

  3. richard

    thanatoid Guest

    thanatoid <> wrote in

    > Notepad only handles
    > even smaller files than WordPad. 40,000 or something, I
    > don't know.

    I meant 4,000, obviously.

    thanatoid, Oct 9, 2006