    can get the screen lit up for about 2 secs each time I depress the button
    that is depressed when the cover is closed but it will not stay up. Any
    hints, clues, or ideas about what to check and or how to fix this?
    Ruada, Jun 25, 2003

  2. "Ruada" <> wrote in message news:1056535291.357515@prawn...
    > I have a Compaq 1930 using W98. When I first open the case the screen is
    > visible. After just a few seconds it goes dark. If I run my finger over
    > the button that is depressed when I close the cover the screen will light up
    > and evererything is running but it again almost immediately goes dark. I
    > can get the screen lit up for about 2 secs each time I depress the button
    > that is depressed when the cover is closed but it will not stay up. Any
    > hints, clues, or ideas about what to check and or how to fix this?

    Power management settings for the screen, perhaps? Check in Display Properties
    (right click desktop, properties, screen saver tab (yes, screen saver tab),
    button on the bottom.

    HTH.

    --
    Robert Schumacher
    http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schumachersforum
    Robert Schumacher, Jun 25, 2003

  3. GREAT WAY TO MAKE MONEY-READ THIS!!!!!!

    news.verizon.net, Jun 25, 2003
  4. Re: GREAT WAY TO MAKE MONEY-READ THIS!!!!!!

    Spammer who's too damn stupid to even spam correctly.

    Robert Schumacher, Jun 25, 2003
  5. Ruada

    Pete M Guest

    This looks like a hardware fault in the power supply for the LCD backlight.
    Don't see an easy fix.

    Pete M

    Pete M, Jun 25, 2003