    might get lucky and find someone that knows how to resolve this problem. :)

    Thanks

    JK

    JK, Aug 24, 2003

  2. JK

    Helen Guest

    "JK" <> wrote in message
    news:NQV1b.8147$...
    : I recently purchased a Compaq Armada 1700 series laptop with a P2 300
    : processor and have loaded Windows Xp on it everything seems to be running
    : fine, however the Monitor listed is "default Monitor" and I cannot change
    : the display settings to anything but 1024X768 (16bit) or 800X600 (24bit)
    : when I use the higher setting it makes the desktop really distorted and
    when
    : I try to use 800X600 the screen is so small that it only uses half of the
    : monitor, I have tried to find new drivers for the display adapter on the
    : Compaq website with no success, it is hardly a major problem just thought
    : might get lucky and find someone that knows how to resolve this problem.
    :)
    :
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    : JK
    :
    :
    :
    They are difficult to locate. I have a Presario and it took months to find
    the correct video driver. They are so integrated it's difficult. Anyway,
    look at this message board
    http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xeec6d7d96cbad711900a0090279cd0f9,00.html

    http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/armada/us/download/8487.html

    http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/midrfr.html

    http://www.os2ss.com/users/DrMartinus/cqarmada1700-266.htm

    HTH. Good luck. BTW I found the video driver for my Presario from a ng.
    I downloaded tons of packets from Compaq! I put THAT driver on a zip drive
    for future reference.

    Helen

    Helen, Aug 24, 2003