    someone $80 an hour. If you live in the Detroit area and would be
    willing to take a look at this computer for me, I can offer $50 for
    the service.

    Gene Gregorits, May 13, 2004

  2. Gene Gregorits

    The Prophecy Guest

    Gene Gregorits wrote:
    > I need someone with PC repair experience to take a look at my DELL and
    > get it running at optimum speed. For the last few weeks, it has been
    > been operating erratically, and I have to re-boot it every half hour.
    > I have no idea how to clean up this system, nor can I afford to pay
    > someone $80 an hour. If you live in the Detroit area and would be
    > willing to take a look at this computer for me, I can offer $50 for
    > the service.

    Describe the problem(s) in more detail and maybe i can help you for free.

    The Prophecy, May 13, 2004

  3. Gene Gregorits

    Dennis Guest

    NVRAM

    I have a gateway 2000 P-5 pent120
    when it boots up it will say
    NVRAM DATA INVALID, NVRAM CLEARED,
    is there any thing to do for it

    thanks

    Dennis

    Dennis, May 16, 2004
  4. Gene Gregorits

    Thor Guest

    Re: NVRAM

    Your motherboard battery is probably dead. Time to replace it. Of course,
    given the age of your machine, it may have an RTC/battery chip instead of a
    conventional button-cell battery. Often the RTC battery chips are non-user
    replaceable items soldered right to the board.

    Thor, May 17, 2004