  1. Through Windows Explorer 2, click on 'Windows' then scroll down. I have
    hundreds of 'Note pad pages' They are headed 'fffb675 for example. Can
    anyone tell me why they are there and how to get rid of them?

    tonyblackpool, Jan 24, 2004

  2. tonyblackpool

    HF Guest

    Why not just try deletion.
    "tonyblackpool" <> wrote in message
    news:r1xQb.950$...
    > Through Windows Explorer 2, click on 'Windows' then scroll down. I have
    > hundreds of 'Note pad pages' They are headed 'fffb675 for example. Can
    > anyone tell me why they are there and how to get rid of them?

    ---

    HF, Jan 24, 2004

  3. tonyblackpool

    Thor Guest

    Those sound like FindFast index files. FindFast is part of MS Office, but
    isn't necessary for operating any of the MS Office applications. Disable MS
    FindFast in the control panel, and purge the indexes. Or, remove the startup
    command for Findafast vie MSConfig. FindFast is a resource hog, and causes
    excessive drive activity.

    Thor, Jan 24, 2004